Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seeing the devils

I had this dreams for over 4 years. It used to start differently, but had the same core to it. I would be sleeping comfortably when suddenly I would arrive at a state between 100% sleep and wakefulness. I would feel as if I can't move my body, someone's holding me tightly to the extent of saffocating me. And I would no better to struggle. It's like if i don't struggle to break free, that thing, whatever it was, would kill me. There was a time when I would hear voices. Evil voices, laughing in a devilish manner... talking to each other about me. Twice or thrice, i saw something with my own eyes, but i'm not 100% sure if it was real. But then I would start reciting holy verses, at which they would try to stop me by taking away my voice, making sure my lips don't move. Butin my heart i would go on and on, reciting. And then, gradually, their hold would losen up, until there wasn't any and I'd be free. After this ordeal, i used to wake up, but would constantly feel a slight presence in my room. somehow i used to feel as if, it wasn't the devil himself... but rather... someone sent by the devil to hurt me. Please tell me what this is all about. I'm desperate to know. Thankyou.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 22, Pakistan

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Seeing the devils

Mehreen,
I don't wish to step on any religious beliefs you hold but in dreams the devil is most often symbolic of negative aspects in your life. The struggle is an inner struggle to overcome those negatives. Something in your life is holding you down and suffocating you. Since the dreams began 4 years ago we know whatever it is that is holding you down began before then.

The question becomes, "what is in it in your life that needs to loosen up and let you be free". There is nothing specific in the dream that points to any thing to what that may be. Something in your unconscious may be at work, something that you have repressed or refuse to confront {taking away my voice}. Take a look back and see what that might be. Something that would involve a struggle to break free from. I would look for that 'someone sent by the devil to hurt me', with the devil being something real in your mind or a figurative symbol as in dreams. It may be a real person and/or a negative aspect of yourself that needs to be set free from.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Seeing the devils

I had the exact same experience and at that moment, thought I was going mad. I saw flying faces, weird screams and couldn't move my body. I decided to go with it and everything became calm.
This led to a scene that repeated a dozen or so times: I was opening a door to get to the toilet.
It repeated until I noticed the repetition. As soon as I took notice, I had what can only be described as an outer body experience.

I'd read about OBEs in the past but never actually had one. It seems that it's pretty common with people hearing screams/frightening noises, along with paralysis when they leave their body.

Maybe your unconscious is trying to show you something, but you're too frightened to look? If it happens again, try going with it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

stats from 7-14-10 to the present