Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream

Being in a house I have never lived in,, just in a recurring dream. Its vividly detailed all the way down to the glass door knobs, pictures on the wall, small stains on the carpet,etc. Very very detailed. Something is very wrong in this house. I sense an unrestfullness.
(Im a reader of souls in my tribe,I look through the eyes of people and read there souls). Back to the story, I know I have to leave this house. I open the front dorr only to come into the back door. I walk through the kitchen down the hall to the front door and again I go through the front door and again I exit the front door only to enter the back door.. I have even exited the back door only to be entering the front door. What seems to be the significance of this odd exiting of the house only to enter it again?
I feel an evil presence but never actually see it.
The dream is so detailed that i can feel the temp differences in each room, even in the upstairs rooms, which by the way are always 3 rooms. The basement is always the same,, and livingroom and kitchen are always the same. Nothing seems out of place in any rooms as I have the recurring dream, everything is exactly the same,, the furniture,pictures,the smells.
I always enter the dream at the front door facing the stairs leading up. I take the exact same steps up and always approach the first door on my right and I always grasp the glass doorhandle with my left hand.
I enter that room and only see a bed,nightstand,dresser with pictures of no one i know, and velvet curtains with a white lace cover over them on the window. the room is calm and earily quiet. I dont know why I enter this room first,, but I look around and then leave,closing the door behind me. I then feel the cold air and know I have to leave and make my way to the front door and when i exit, i enter the kitchen.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 U.S.A.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: dream

Lakota,
What a wonderful surname you have, Lakota. Reading from your dream you must be Native American? You and your people are the only true native Americans. The rest of us are immigrants. And we should be ashamed of how we have treated your people. Perhaps one day we will have a President who is Native American. That day will be a true day of healing.

Being a reader of souls you most likely have insights to what the dream may represent. My position is one from Jungian psyche and Campbell philosophy {Campbell interest in mythology began as a boy studying Native American mythology}.

Think of dreams as the ultimate path to the soul. When I read dreams I am reading the soul.

Your dream
The house is you. You know yourself well {Its vividly detailed all the way down to the glass door knobs} and unconsciously if not consciously realize there are 'stains' in your experiences in life. Now there is something wrong that needs your attention. It may be you are at that mid-life stage when emotional 'stains' begin to become the focus of life. Or it may be there are actual 'troubles' in your life that have just arisen. The restlessness may point to the first possibility {mid-life issues}.

Leaving the house through the front door only to come to the back door is most likely reaching into your unconscious to open up those hidden aspects to the conscious mind {especially the emotional stains}. What reenters the into the front door {conscious mind} are those past experiences that are in conflict and remain resolved. Evil usually represents something negative in your emotional life.

At mid-life the focus is on the past, whereas in young adulthood the focus is on the future {career, family, etc}. You begin to look back with a need and desire to resolve those emotions that are in conflict.

The different rooms are the different aspects of your psyche. The upstairs would be your thinking mind. The 3 rooms most likely the three aspects of being {body, mind and spirit}. The unconscious is the true aspect that never changes {it is where the true self resides, no ego influence, that 3rd person looking at your life and seeing it as it truly is}. But your life is unchanged also, a common symptom felt at mid-life. Your unchanging life probably has become unfulfilled. And you are seeking a more fulfilling life {left is always the path to discovery and adventure}.

The pictures of no one you know are photos of yourself, those aspects that have been hidden, ignored, repressed. But there is a window to discovering these unrecognized aspects and to look through that window will bring about new and positive discoveries {velvet curtains with white lace - positive aspects in your life}. What you have closed the door on from the past are now waiting to be rediscovered.

The kitchen is where you receive nourishment. Often it is of a spiritual nature. In Jungian psyche it is usually associated with the creative self. The creative self is a part of the spiritual aspect in that you give of yourself when you are creative.

Summary
I sense the dream is addressing those mid-life issues that we all must face. But the last part of the dream seems to be pointing to something that you may have put aside and need to rediscover. Is there any creative aspects that fit with that possibility? Or spiritual matters that you may have put aside? Perhaps new ways of looking at the soul, your own as well as others?

One possibility that is worth mentioning. Jung have a philosophy that I find to be true called Synchronicity.

Synchronicities are people, places or events that your soul attracts into your life - for one reason or another. These are no accidents as your soul attracts things into your life. Sometimes these lead to learning lessons - mostly they are about spiritual growth and your purpose here.

Being a shaman in the 21st century there may be a need to look at new ways into reading the soul. Jungian psyche is all about the soul. Perhaps the chance encounter of discovering Myths-Dreams-Symbols is an offering to those new insights. My chance encounter in 1992 of 'just happening' to watch a program on PBS called the The Power of Myth with Joseph Campbell changed my life forever. I have been on that path of self discovery ever since that fateful day. Perhaps that is what lead you to this website. It may be worth your while to read more on Jung and Campbell. These two men where pioneers of discoveries to the soul. The soul is your main occupation and it is only reasonable that you were lead to new approaches to 'seeing' into the soul. I think you will find a lot of interest in Campbell since he uses Native American mythology as a primary source of explaining the power of myth.

By searching the soul we have something very much in common.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: dream

Hi Lakota

Dreams with extremely vivid detail are often the most interesting and that coupled with it being a recurring theme highlights the fact that this dream has some message/meaning for you that is needed for your growth.

Asking yourself when you first started having this dream may give you seme indication as to what the theme of the dream is relating too is it an old dream since childhood? or one you have started to have just recently?

Doors indicate opportunities for self-discovery and
entering this house is a metaphor for exploring self,
The odd exiting and entering of the house may have a twofold meaning, firstly it may be showing you the need to revisit this part in you until you get the meaning of the dream even though it may be uncomfortable and secondly it may be showing you how your dream ego (waking ego) is bound to continue to repeat certain patterns created out of the past 'Back door'. You recognise consciously that you have to leave this house 'free yourself from this feeling of unease and restlessness' however until you consciously grasp what is happening 'inside' of you, you are akin to repeat this dream scenario.

Entering directly into the kitchen through the back door indicates that your PAST EXPERIENCES is an opportunity for self-discovery and is a way of preparing for nurturing or a new life direction that will 'feed' you in a nourishing manner. You choose instead though to walk through the house, when we ignore the potential for growth out of our past we actually dont move forward but come full circle only to enter the experience again until we learn from it.

Nothing seeming out of place again is indicative of the potential for change. The bedroom seems to be alluding to the crux of the matter at hand, symbollically bedrooms relate to what is happening within our most intimate selves, I get the sense on reading this part of the dream that there is some feelings of isolation and solitude here, is it this quiteness in your life that lead to those eerily feelings. The cold air again reflects this sense of isolation or lonliness, Im just going with what comes up here and I may be totally of key. It is this that you are coming face to face within and prompts you to feel uneasy and want to leave again leaving the house brings you back to the kitchen showing you that it is these core emotional experiences that can bring the biggest changes for us only if we choose to acknowledge them, through learning to nurture and love ourselves. Until we learn this we are all akin to repeat our soul growth lessons.

I hope this helps a little

Goodluc Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, Uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

stats from 7-14-10 to the present