Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two different types of fish

I dreamt that I went on a date with a man to a restaurant. The man in my dream reminded me of a person I use to date a long -time ago. (This boyfriend of my past always took me out to eat at very nice restaurants).

My boyfriend of the past and I sat together at the front counter in the restaurant on a stool but I got up from my seat and left him behind.

In the second part of my dream, I saw myself looking for fish to eat. This particular kind of fish I wanted is called Whiting. All of a sudden, while I stood outside a man's hands appeared to reach into a container to pull out the fish I wanted but there weren't any. He then said to me that there weren't any Whiting and that he only had Snapers and Poggies. Since I liked eating these types of fishes I accepted them. I never went back to the restaurant to have dinner with the man I dated many years ago.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Two different types of fish

Tracy,
Restaurants are where we go to receive emotional nourishment. The fact you went to this restaurant with an old boyfriend and then left him behind may suggest he represents something in your life you have left behind. It could symbolize leaving behind certain attitudes having to do with those masculine qualities this particular bf, and others like him, possess that you felt do not provide the emotional nourishment you need.

The second part of the dream may be addressing particular aspects of yourself that you are looking for. Fish often represent the true self, those qualities that truly make you feel alive and the real person you wish to be. But since there are no Whiting fish you accept other types. Perhaps this suggests you are accepting something less than you want in life. The other 'fish' may supply some nourishment but not that particular nourishment you seek.
It may have to do with relationships. Is there some truth to those possibilities, excepting something less than you need or desire in that aspect of other aspects of your life?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Two different types of fish

Hi

The person I left behind is a old, old friend from childhood. We have kept in contact with each other for years but as we matured he didn't. He has no respect for women and he always gossip about people. The last time I saw him we went out to eat but he wanted to get me drunk inside my home for sex. Shortly after his visitation,I had the dream. I do not like him as a childhood friend anymore.

The two fish are my Buddhist friends that I have resumed contact with.

And, you are right, I am changine my life. I am returning to college to better my life.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 56

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Follow-up to Interpretation

stats from 7-14-10 to the present