Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Inspiritus

I am arriving at a very old, very large cathedral. It feels like sacred ground. It sits elevated, on a gentle and vast hilltop. I am walking up a very wide and graceful set of old (but preserved) stone steps that lead up to the cathedral. I feel I am here to find something, am searching to know again the essence of this space. It feels uninhabited here – that I am the only one here. The scene changes. Now up in one of the buildings, I am walking through the library. There is no artificial lighting, only the natural light of the day filtering in through the tall windows on my left side. The book shelves are of such a height that a ladder would be needed to reach the top shelves. I feel inside of me that I know this space. It’s like an ancient memory. Scene changes. I am swimming through the depths of waters –waters that I feel lay beneath the foundation of the cathedral. Scene/feeling changes. I am now as if before ___________ (my analyst). I don’t see her, but we are communicating. I am telling her of this dream, of how I felt to have been searching for something forgotten - disowned, discounted by me. I see an image of an old man – he is what was searched for. He is connected to/belongs to this cathedral. My analyst asks his name. I know intuitively that his name means, or he is, “of Spirit.” My analyst says, “I am not surprised.” From her words, I infer her belief and trust that I would find him. When I wake, I am with the word/name, “Inspiritus,” being sounded inside of me.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Inspiritus

Kristi,
Your trip to the cathedral is your inner search. It is about you and your life, and the discoveries to be made by looking inward.

There are those known qualities, and the unknown {within the unconscious}. The inner search is an education of self and Self. You have to consciously reach for those higher aspirations to discover and understand the unknown possibilities.

When you do consciously search, or even unconsciously seek through your dreams, those deeper foundations your life is built upon, you are swimming within the unconscious realms of personal and universal psyche.

It is a self examination of self {you are the analyst}. And a discovery of personal associations as well as universal. There may be in fact an old man in your life, someone who provides inspiration. But he is also of a universal mind, a wisdom of the animus. This association may be due to current focus on certain aspects of your life, having to do with masculine qualities you possess. Those exact qualities are not defined so you must discover them for yourself. Or wait for future dreams to provide more clues.

My guess is you already have a reasonable explanation to what they are.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Inspiritus

Thank you, Gerard.

Ultimately, I feel it is of the ability to deliver my creativity and gifts of the journey to the world, which is still taking shape (growing, being discovered).

There came with this dream the feeling sense that I am redeeming "the sins of the father," so to speak. I have felt that I rejected (even killed) the divine masculine/animus. It was a seeming fleeting (and feeling) portion of the dream memory, regarding the man that was being searched for, perhaps as my ego would have preferrred to not see this. Given my childhood experience (of sexual abuse) there had been a great disdain for the masculine/God image (patriarchy). When earlier reading of the early (Chisitan) church and how women were believed to be without a soul, and to be the "property" of man (their husbands/fathers) I was met with enormous shadow material - my disdain and anger for the suppression/disrespect/abuse of the feminine. There is now a deep 'forgiveness'/letting go occuring - accepting/detaching/being born out of/from these historical experiences, both as seen in my own childhood experience and our collective experience - so that I may know and integrate into my being a healthy and well balanced masculine - universal mind/wisdom of the animus.

It also gave me feeling reference (in essence) to a dream from a early portion of my journey where I see a radiant white haired woman who is as a priestess of a land that had grown to a point of suffering. She charged me to journey across the lands, into dangerous territory, to find the help needed to restore the land to wholeness. It was a rather long and epic-like dream. With all of my being I felt, 'this is my task, I am the only hope, I must do this" and I courageously accepted her charge. Before embarking on the journey, she told me that there was one specifically that I was to find, that I know him from long ago, that my name was written in the palms of his hand. Given that, I was transported to a feeling sensation of being before this being (God image) and feeling great honor and love and devotion and union.

I feel I am some steps closer.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present