Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
stuck on busy freeway

Hi Gerard, you were so helpful with my last puzzling dream about a year ago, thank you! Here's another I'm not seeing the bottom of the meaning of, it's only the end fragment I can remember, unfortunately

I'm walking on a very busy freeway, the kind with lots of flyover intersections and slip roads and cars going very, very fast on it. I realise that I can't walk along it, to get where I'm going, because I'll be killed. However, I manage to cross over a slip road to a bus stop. It looks to be an uncomfortable temporary one like you see on US freeways. There is a bus there but I don't know if it's "mine" or indeed if any of the buses that stop there will be "mine". (The bus was a style typical for my area where I live).

My thoughts: one possible meaning is obvious: I need protection from danger to get where I'm going; I don't know who to travel with in life, or can't see if anyone is going my way. But there is something else there that worries me. In all my other dreams, the cars I have been in have been symbols of my conscious self. But I'm not in a car. And, who are all these other selves whizzing by? In waking life I am extremely happily married and live very happily far from the madding crowd. I already fully recognise that I am relatively socially isolated (by people's reactions to the intellectual abilities that are necessary for my work, when they find out what I do: my work both saves and isolates me) I don't need a dream to tell me what I already know, surely?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50, UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: stuck on busy freeway

elizabeth,
Let's look at the symbols and see how they may fit with what you provided in the added info. My first impression of the dream {excluding the added info you provided} is there are a lot of pressures in your life, much going on and you are trying to incorporate those things that fit with who you are. The dream message may be as simple as that.

Freeways are often symbolic of our paths in life or the direction we take. Everyone else also uses freeways in their busy lives. Because you are walking and not driving may indicate how you approach life {slow and intentional/deliberate}. There are a lot of 'intersections' which may indicate the many decisions that need to made or, the many interactions with other people {which may require certain 'intellectual/flyover' decisions}. The realization you can not walk on this freeway may indicate you can not take certain paths or go in certain directions {perhaps to do with your social isolation}. Being killed usually symbolizes changes, perhaps you would have to change who you are to fit in with others.

Buses often symbolize the many aspects of the psyche. To fit in and be a part of the busy freeway you would have to 'cross over' aspects that would be uncomfortable for you. The totality of who you are would be in question if you were to be a part of those 'typical' social groups. Being different, intellectually' may exclude such possibilities, you would have to be someone you are not {the bus is not yours if you are not your true self}.

With what added info provided I can see where this dream is addressing those social interactions that would go against who you are.

As for the difficult time fitting in socially, I have the much same problem. Not many people have a great interest in Jungian psyche or dream interpretation. Of course my intellect is normal at best but nature seems to have given me the instincts to understand Jung. It requires a developed intuitive sense and I work on developing those natural instincts in other ways besides in working with dreams. I have to access the whole world to find like minded people {using the Dream Forum as my primary tool to do so}.

So, I do believe my first impression was correct {intuitive first impressions are always right}. Does what I have stated above fit with your current situation?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: stuck on busy freeway

Thanks Gerard!! you are right - there is a lot going on and trying to fit it all in and be myself is proving difficult. I'm feeling more and more "constipated" and even aggresive, which is terrible. I do look to my dreams/subconscious self to provide answers, but it can take ages to work out/discover just what to do for the best.

BTW yes, I too have to access the whole world to find friends who have no difficulty with my day job, and who don't worry that I don't fit into the usual little boxes. Thanks again!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50,UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present