Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Entering the backdoor of a haunted house

I dreamt I was in an asphalt area that stretched on and on in all directions. It looked like a cross between several schools I’ve been to and also a market I know. It felt very nice outside and there were a lot of grey clouds. There are buildings about the place. Behind me are red brick buildings that I don’t think had doors. There’s an L-shaped building in front of me and it’s slightly above ground with a concrete ramp for handicapped folk, along with steel bars around the sides to hold onto. There are doors to several rooms along the side of the building (where I’m facing), one of which is open. It might just be a door frame, without a door. This door is a backdoor to a house. The house is very similar to one I use to live in.

The house is haunted. I go into the house on many occasions, but as other people. It feels like a horror movie inside and although I can’t control what happens, I can control the intensity of the things. Everything happened in the hallway at the front of the house.

At one point, I was standing at the front door of the house, looking outside. The door was shut, but it was a windowed door. Outside was complete nothing/blackness, except for a ghoulish woman that was floating in the distance. She scared me and I got a thrill out of controlling how scary it was. I made her come closer towards me and she came right up to the door. As this happened, I noted that she wasn’t animated and all frames of movement looked like a single photo. It reminded me of the special effects in a Hammer horror movie for some reason. I’m not sure if I witnessed this as myself or inside the eyes of another person.

As the dream inside the haunted house progressed, scary things would play out, but I continued to control the intensity of how they played out. I kept making things scarier and although I was scared out of my wits, I felt better each time after doing it. At certain points I witnessed things as the third person. A ghoulish woman flew down from a manhole (or just a gap?) in the ceiling and picked up a man that was exploring the house. She threw him against the wall and I made it look more intense. Instead of him hitting the wall and bouncing off, he hit the wall as a splatter of blood. The blood on the wall was in the shape of him and that’s all that remained. It stayed there for a while. I noticed a rope tied around the waist of the ghoulish woman who flew down and realised it was another special effect.
There was a woman that got hurt as well, but that’s all I remember.

At the end of the dream I finally go into the backdoor of the house as myself. I’m scared that things will jump out, but it’s very calm and it’s not very creepy inside. I am still with fear, but I don’t see anything scary, I just think that something will happen. I remember holding something in my right hand. It could have been either a torch or a can. A ghost did scare me at some point, but I can’t remember it very well.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Entering the backdoor of a haunted house

Grimm,
The haunted house is most likely a description of some aspect of your life or your life as a whole. You are at the moment able to control the emotions associated with the causes for the 'haunting' but the intensity of the experiences are becoming stronger. I suspect you may be repressing these experiences.

The rest of the dream is symbolic representations of past experiences and the slow realization of these repressed unconscious experiences to consciousness. My sense is there was an experience or experiences from your past {house is very similar to one I use to live in} that still haunts you. Emotionally your life may be at a tipping point and you probably are unaware of the real stimulus for that. Often such emotions have feelings of a 'void' in your life. You try to live your life as normal as possible but emotionally it is becoming difficult. Is that a correct description of your life?

Look back to that period of time you were in the 'house you use to live in'. What traumatic experiences did you experience during that period of time? It may have been one event or an accumulation of events, even experiences having to do with your family.

What was your childhood like? Were there any experiences that could haunt you? Most likely the dream is addressing such experiences and although you have thus far been able to control the emotional effects, slowly those 'haunting' experiences are working teir way to consciousness.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hey Gerard,
yes, that description would be accurate.

When I was telling a friend about this dream, I realised that the female ghouls reminded me of my mother.
The guy being thrown against the wall reminded me of my father. Neither of the characters in the dream looked like those in real life though.

Something I didn't make clear is that most of the dream, I experienced a lot of this in other people's bodies or as their character. It was only the last time I entered the house as myself.
My own self was outside in the asphalt area for the majority of the dream and even though it was overcast, it felt very... magical or blissful? that's the only was I can describe it anyway.

Even though there was very little content in the asphalt area, it seemed very important. I looked over the area many times and each time I'd get the same shot of the open doorway from a distance.

Also, the thrills I got from controlling the intensity of situations were almost extreme delight. I got a buzz from pushing the intensity up a notch each time, as if were trying to break a limiter or something like that. Does this make sense?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 24 Australia

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Grimm,
The outlook feeling in your dream probably says a lot about your life. Although you have a positive attitude there are clouds hanging over you. This usually suggests some type of inner conflict that remains unresolved. The buildings without doors {the buildings represent you and your world} would probably represent aspects about yourself that can not get out, the unresolved unconscious conflicts. This may cause you be handicapped emotionally.

But there is an opening to these unconscious aspects {often your dreams being that opening}. The backdoor is te entrance to your unconscious. These unresolved emotional conflicts began earlier in life {the house you use to live in}. If you go back to that period of time you lived in this house you will be able to discover what the roots to the emotional conflicts are.

This house is haunted. The house is you. It has made you something different from who you should/would be {going into the house as other people}. The 'horror' you experienced is something you try control outwardly but inside it still exists and uncontrollable. Eventually it will erupt {could come soon or much later in life}. The hallway is the connection to unconscious aspects within the house, within you.

Dreams are the eyes of another person, that person being you in the third person looking at your life without ego interference. The ghoulish woman could be a real person {perhaps your mother}. There are impressions of past experiences that have coalesced into one still photo. This may suggest the 'horrors' you experienced in 'this house' were constant/continuing experiences, a part of your life in that period of time.

At the moment you are able to control the emotional strain from these past experiences {I continued to control the intensity of how they played out}.

Blood often symbolizes life's energies. That person who should have been {minus the emotional horrors} is all that is left.

You are who you are but those past experiences are ready to to be exposed. Consciously you have yet to confront these past experiences. Will it one day jump out at you or will you consciously confront these emotional horrors? The later is the way you should approach this matter. If you don't then one day it will jump out at you and could cause much worse emotional damage.

Go back to that house you once lived in and thoroughly examine what happened during that period of your life. It may be easy but it is something you need to do. If there are really terrifying horrors you may need to seek professional help. If it is the normal {we all have emotional baggage from our past} lack of love and acceptance as a child or youth then it may merely be a need to work through those past experiences until they are resolved {again, professional help may be the best route}.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present