Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Circus

I have not had a dream in awhile or just don't remember them but the other night I remembered this one. I was on another planet...(not here on Earth) and there was this circus that I was at. In fact, I was in charge of the cotton candy machine. Lots of people came buy to buy cotton candy. One child came by and asked for *black* cotton candy....I said, "black???? I only have the regular pink kind. The little boy started crying...then he was screaming for his parents. When his parents came over to me they said, "you should be ashamed you don't have black cotton candy....I just looked at them like weirdo's....and then this dream ended....????? what can all this mean????

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Queens New York

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Circus

Connie,
The dream may describe possible projection about rationality/the rational aspect of Self. This may be harboring a mis perception of an immature or under developed rational aspect based on external influence, or a desire to further develop your rational aspect.

Interpretation notes [in brackets]:

I [ego] was on another planet...(not here on Earth) [projection issue] and there was this circus that I was at [a group and possible reference to confusion such as when a person remarks it’s a circus in there…] . In fact, I [ego as authority aspect-note the use of ‘fact’ preceding ‘I’ and what Jung clarifies about the difference between reliance on learned authority vs self developed authority aspect] was in charge [function and control] of the cotton candy machine [channel/route of access and transmission of information both in and out]. Lots of people came buy to buy cotton candy. One child came by and asked for *black* cotton candy [guardianship] ....I said, "black???? I only have the regular pink [feminine] kind. The little boy started crying...then he was screaming for his parents. [Irrational] When his parents came over to me they said, "you should be ashamed you don't have black cotton candy [discipline] ....I just looked at them like weirdo's [ego justification defense]

What are your thoughts on the dream?

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

LOL Kathy...thanks for your interpretation for I cannot figure out this whole dream at all. You did make some fine comments about different aspects of what I dreamt. Thank You!

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Connie,

Thank you for your response. A few quick thoughts on two dream symbols:

circus - it passes through
questioning by parents - qualification by examination

Was there an instance where out of no where someone was discourteous, so the unconscous is now examining this?

Again, just a thought.

Kind regards,
K.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Hello Kathy! About being discourteous? I don't remember anything regarding that. I do remember that several years ago when I lived in Massachusetts, I worked with a girl that told me she actually worked for a circus and loved it cause she travelled all over the place....but...what puzzles me is where does the black cotton candy come in....in my dream????

Hi Connie

The parents seem to represent some energetic or complex of Feeling and Belief that are intimately tied to-gether the boy representing the immature behaviour that is born of this energetic coupling.

Im using the word immature, not in a judgemental way but as a way of describing the lack of growth which stems out of fear and results in attachment. We can become attached to all manner of things, as well as becoming atached to objects we also become attached to certain ways of feeling, our opinions, and other people. To some degree we form our identity out of our attachments. Underneath every attachment exists fear our attachments become our saftey blanket, this evident in watching a young childs response when they are unable to find their favorite teddy bear to go to bed with or soft blanket that makes them feel safe. Our attachments provide us with a sense of security.

Your dream is inimating that there is an attachment in your life though rather than it being to any one thing in particular it is more to an old pattern in which you indulge yourself in. Im wandering here if the cotton candy pink represents the way you give out love, looking at this part of the dream and your role here is showing you how you exchange your energies with others 'money for pink candyfloss' The 'pink' candy floss may be alluding to the 'sweet' nature of how you give love or it maybe hinting at the fact that you give love through literally giving, Do you have any grandchildren? Looking at your relationship with them and how you show or express your love for them will tell you more about How you give love. we show this in many ways, some who have problems with connecting with their heart energy will usually give love from the solar plexus, Ie my grandad and my father for that matter express their love that is not so much from the heart but with the mind its a kind of thought out way of loving there are fences in place that will stop them expressing their love 'whole heartedly' but they do it in a manner that allows them to exchange love in saftey. Btw im just rambling and this does not necessarily have anything to do with your dream, its just food for thought.

Coming back to the parents/boy im just wandering if this pattern is showing you the way YOU expect to recieve love from others? there is a basic need there and sometimes our needs are met in a way that is not necessarily nourishing for us, to use an extreme example if a child is growing and his parents never interact with him/her he/she eventually do things that will illicit a response from them even though this reponse is not necessarily one of heart but maybe a scolding, the childs needs on a distorted level are being met.

The shadow nature of this complex is mostly unconscious becsuse of this there is a tendency to judge this within 'looking at them like wierdo's", the complex may not be about recieveing love it may be some otrher attachment relating to a more personal asscoiation that pink candy has for you. What does pink candy represent for you, doing this and looking at its opposite will reveal something about what the black candy in your dream is drawing your attention too.

Goodluck Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, Uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Thanks Marce for your interpretation...beats me?

stats from 7-14-10 to the present