Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An owl and a crow?

Hello again,

I had a dream recently of a very vivid owl which seemed very big with large blue eyes which I felt were the eyes of my boyfriend who died this year. The owl was up in a tree and I was trying to take a photograph of it with a camera that I just bought in work. Then the owl was suddenly being attacked by some kind of black bird, I think it was a crow. The bird was not as big as the owl and so it just seemed to be trying to peck at the owl.

Then the dream moved to some kind of atrium in an apartment block. The roof seemed very high and made of glass. I saw my 2 friends there who recently had a baby girl. They looked very tired and worn out. We went to sit at a cafe outside.

Thats all I can remember.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: An owl and a crow?

Tracey,
This dream seems to be addressing similar themes as in your Two different types of fish. There may be a relationship between the two dreams, something your unconscious wishes to express that may be a great value. If you could provide a follow-up to my interpretation to that dream we may be able to realize a pattern, something that may provide insights to your to unconscious state of being {which you may not be fully aware of because of emotional stress}.

As for this dream. Owls often represent wisdom. In your dream it may provide insights to the deeper unconscious and reasons for waking actions you may be experiencing in the present time. The feeling in the dream that the eyes are of your late bf may suggest what is stated above; emotions concerning his passing that are affecting your personality and actions.

The camera may be symbolic of 'living in the past' {cameras provide glimpses of the past}. The photograph may represent the same.

Crows often represent messengers from your unconscious. Since the bird is attacking the owl {the wise unconscious} and pecking away at the owl, the message may be something is 'pecking' at your need to address unconscious emotions.

The atrium may symbolize the center of the psyche. It may also represent the heart {atrium also is the chambers of the heart that receives blood}. You may have reached the pinnacle of thinking {roof} about some aspect of your life. The baby may represent a need to bring something new into your life. You are tired and worn from emotional strain and need to find new nourishment.

Are you still grieving over the death of your bf? Is the strain starting to affect your normal self? Both dreams seem to be pointing to that. You can go back and may need to move on.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,

Thank you so so much for your interpretation, you have a definite gift for insight as well as interpreting the symbols! A lot of this makes sense to me.

However, I think you have confused me with the other Tracy (no "E") who had the "2 fish" dream. The last dream I posted on here was"Festivals & shoes"

Thanks again

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Tracey,
Forgive me for confusing you with the other 'Tracy'. If the interpretation still fits then the confusion about the 'other' dream will make no difference. If you need further explanation I will gladly provide more thought to your dream.
Thanks,

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,

Your interpretation fits so thats ok. I dreamt again of the same friend last night. She was looking more sophisticated, she had a new haircut and was smoking a cigarette! and it seemed to be a work situation. Her daughter was there again but she was older now, about 7 or 8.

Any thoughts???

stats from 7-14-10 to the present