Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
black man with no nose or lips

I am in the bedroom I had as a teenager. I realize that two men are stealing things and putting them in a large black trash bag. One is a small, middle-aged thin black man who reminds me of a boy I went to school with my senior year of high school, the first year of full school integration in our town. I think, "This is what's happened to him!" He seems ashamed to be caught stealing. He unrolls the garbage bag and inside there are eating utensils and a large, half-full bottle of some cheap kind of booze. I'm shocked to see that he has no nose or lips or teeth. I realize that he has been tortured, his nose and lips cut off his face. They may have been cut off by someone using a piece of jagged glass from a broken bottle. He's trying to tell me something, but I can't understand him because he also has no teeth. When I wake up I feel troubled especially by the fact that he has no nose or lips. It seems like such a horrifying thing to happen to him.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: black man with no nose or lips

Harriet,
The overall theme of your dream may be identification, with symbolism pointing to being cut off from your own identity for a continuous and connected period of time. Perhaps since the age you were acquainted with the black man, senior year of high school.

Definition of Identification:
a. psychological orientation of the self in regard to something (as a person or group) with a resulting feeling of close emotional association

b: a largely unconscious process whereby an individual models thoughts, feelings, and actions after those attributed to an object that has been incorporated as a mental image

What are your thoughts?

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Kathy,
Good to hear from you. I always welcome your help when you can find the time and I know those who receive the benefits from your insights into dreams are thankful also.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, this seems right. This is the second dream I've had in which a black man I knew from high school at first appeared threatening but later turned out to be here to help me. I do feel that I have been cut off from my own identity since that time, which was the only time I felt really comfortable with my identity. It may also be relevant that this was the first year of integration, a time of opening up in a formerly segregated town, when lively people I'd never known existed suddenly appeared to become new friends.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present