Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Racing

I'm not sure if this dream I had is telling me something good or bad, because although it was a fun experience that happened in the dream, it was strangely dark and gloomy(perhaps I don't remember more of it)

Anyways, I had a dream where I was driving a motorcycle(sports bike or "crotch rocket" is one term for the kind) with my two brothers. It seemed like we were racing just in a fun way. It was night time and we were in some place near enough to civilization that we could see lights of stores and such, but far there really wasn't anyone around(similar a little bit to the road I take to and from school every day) Usually in my dreams it's pretty clear(and in Colorado everything is pretty clear as well) but in this dream, it was rather foggy outside, but we continued to drive rather recklessly around this area(at one point I looked down and saw I was going 170 miles per hour) After a while of us just having fun and racing each other, we stopped in a field near a random huge rock(this area that it resembled has nothing but open fields, generally so it was pretty weird) Well we stopped there and just sat against the rock doing nothing... it was very serene and relaxing but something about the environment around us was foreboding.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Racing

Sergeyevna,
I sense the dream is communicating aspects related to your 'free spirit' and adventurous side. Being alone in the countryside may represent your independence at this stage of life and that wishful desire to live life in such a free spirited way. You can be adventurous without the worry of recriminations, often thought of by society in adulthood as fantasy. But at your age that isn't a concern.
Riding with your brothers may be addressing the friendly competitive associations in real life {do you get along relatively well with your brothers?} as well as describing a lack of a competitive attitude as a personality trait {which can be good or bad depending on how you approach life*}. The rock would represent basic foundations to live by {solid like a rock} and at your age you can generally relax and think of the possibilities of such a life.

Worrisome? Perhaps. As you grow older such thinking diminishes and the reality of the pressures in life set in. The one adventure that let's you avoid such a life is one that Joseph Campbell prescribes, 'Follow Your Bliss', find that thing in life that you love most doing and make it your life. Often it involves the creative aspects. Have we not discussed that part of you in other posted dreams**?

*Being too competitive, putting winning above all else can be very destructive. If it is not in 'your blood' then a lack of competitiveness isn't something you should worry about. Enjoying the adventure is what life should be about.

**Campbell tells us we have two opportunities in life to discover that bliss. One is early in life, the teen years and early adulthood, and the second at mid-life. I was 42 when I first discovered my bliss {through Joseph Campbell and The Power of Myth. Although I have always had a keen interest in psychology it was not until I happened upon Campbell that those interests blossomed {which led to Carl Jung and his dream psychology, which led to Myths-Dreams-Symbols and my passion for dream interpretation}.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Racing

Currently, yes, every part of me wants to live independently and in a free spirited way. I think with the type of schooling I'm going through right now, and my experiences with people around me, I'm not allowed to be like that(my being adventurous because of these things is actually a concern to those around me)

I do get along well with my brothers(though exponentially better with one of them than the other) and I'd say I'm almost the opposite of being competitive, I'm actually pretty submissive because competition would fall under the category of conflict, and conflict terrifies me... extremely. I don't know if I actually can just live my live and follow my bliss(perhaps the reason for the fog and strange uneasiness in the dream?) because one: I don't even know what it is that makes me truly happy anymore, and two: I don't have any oppurtunities to find wat it is that I love most because of school and all those adolescent worries that go through my mind on a daily basis.

I think that "the reality of the pressures in life" have alredy set in due to any stress I've been experiencing...frighteningly early...I guess even through all that's going on, I should try to find something that I truly love before I go insane... heheh

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 Colorado

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present