Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreams Imaged On Computer Screen, Scientists Claim

When I was a kid in the '80s I saw an episode of my favorite cartoon show, "The Real Ghostbusters", wherein the techno-genius character, "Egon", had built a really cool machine. It was a computer that, when hooked to a sleeping person's brain, would display their dreams on a monitor. (I think I saw this...I may have dreamt it though...?) Anyway, ever since then I have been fascinated with the idea, especially since I have learned that such a thing is actually scientifically possible! I read this news article yesterday:

Dreams Imaged, Scientists Claim

Robert Roy Britt
Editorial Director
LiveScience.com
Thu Dec 11, 2:15 pm ET

Japanese researchers say they've imaged thoughts and dreams and displayed them on a computer screen.

At the web site of the journal Neuron, where the findings are to be published, the researchers summarize their work: "The results suggest that our approach provides an effective means to read out complex perceptual states from brain activity."

Brain imaging is nothing new. And the images are reportedly very simple, but the researchers claim the technique could lead to the ability to unlock the secrets of dreams.

"By applying this technology, it may become possible to record and replay subjective images that people perceive like dreams," the scientists are quoted as saying in The Telegraph of London. In one experiment, test subjects were shown the six letters of the word "neuron," and the subsequent brain activity was used to reconstruct the letters on a screen.

Scientists mostly agree that dreaming happens during the phase called Rapid Eye Movement (REM). Some researchers think you dream about tasks and emotions that were not dealt with fully, and that dreaming can help solidify thoughts and memories.

Even animals dream. And some people think they can control their dreams. The jury is still out on that, but studies show that some dreamers can communicate with researchers during a dream.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20081211/sc_livescience/dreamsimagedscientistsclaim

Very exciting!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Dreams Imaged On Computer Screen, Scientists Claim

Coagula,
It may pan out these Japanese scientists are on to something. As for unlocking the secrets of dreams that has already been done. Carl Jung solved that problem more than 50 years ago and there is plenty of evidence from the many posts and interpretations here at the Dream Forum to validate his approach to interpreting dreams.

And if these scientists are able to prove their brain imaging works, I have no doubt it will also validate Jung's dream psychology. He was a scientist also.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present