Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
purple snow

I go out and see that it has snowed. There are a number of paths through the woods. I see that the snow is purple, the same color as the paraments and stoles in church during the Advent season before Christmas (I stopped going to church almost two years ago), For some reason this color infuriates me. Out of me comes a burst of pure emotion. There are no words. It's like a wail or a howl. I feel that I am directing this wail directly at God. The landscape changes as if it's being digitally altered. It becomes a bare but beautiful desert landscape. I feel as if a heavy weight has been lifted from me. When I wake up I feel a new lightness.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: purple snow

Hi Harriet

Dreams usually tell us something personal about ourselves and about what is going on inside for us. Each symbol reflects something of our spiritual, mental and emotional landscape as well as our physical being. Even though we catogorise or define these four areas of our being there is really no separation between them.

Snow in dreams usually tell us something about our emotions as water is the element of emotions Snow implys that there has been a ceratin coldness within the way you have been feeling.

Purple is revered in many cultures as a spiritual colour or light of a higher nature and is refelcted in many traditions and religions. As you said the christian faith holds purple in high esteem as does the Hindu religion where it pertains to the crown chakra reflecting spiritual wisdom and divine connection. Interesting this can also be seen in the UK royal monarchy whereby the crown was traditionally of a purple colour just to name a few examples.

When we have such spiritual light enter our lives it tends to highlight for us the place where we have been inside ourselves it also helps us to release heavy emotions that we have found cumbersome or overwhelming and may in some cases never even knew we were feeling until we release them energetically from our being. The purple light is in part bringing your anger to the surface which you have directed at god and has been surpressed in your physical body thus feeling lighter when you awoke. There is no real need to anaylyse the burst of pure emotion as reflection can actually hinder the healing process. The expression of pure emotion is actually very healing as it cleanses your emotional energies, leaving one felling rejuvinated and refreshed.

It is often common for the western societys to contain much of their feelings as we are taught that it is wrong or uncivilised to express such feelings we equate such behaviour as odd or as a weakness. we are instead taught to be 'polite' and nicefy our behviour. This leaves us very unbalanced recognising how you are feeling in the future and honouring your feelings, giving them space to just be with out having to explain them or put words to them will help you to keep your emotions 'flowing' freely like water in stream as it is only when we damn them do they become blocked and destorted.

There is much spiritual light enetering our wordl at the moment as we are on the boundary of a great shift in consciouness, par of this shift requires that we give expression to our emotional landscape cleansing it so that we can begin to incorporate the higher energies of love and compassion more readily.

Hope this helps BTW it is only my take on things and it is upto the dreamer to discern what is said keeping what fits and discarding the rest

Goodluck Marce

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

harriet,
Snow often represents repressed or unexpressed emotions. The church paraments {ecclesiastical} may represent spiritual imprinting's. Purple is a color that often represents 'unexplored dimension of the self'. Could this represent repressed emotions associated with religious doctrines and their imprinting?

'There are a number of paths through the woods'. Indeed there are and those rejected and imprinted associations do not fulfill your soul. Although you consciously have left the church there remains unconscious guilt. Until now!

Your life has changed landscapes} and so have old traditions. A weight has been lifted you are now free to alter those negative influences into something that now fits who you are. This may be spiritual as well as other aspects of your life. You have cleared away the unconscious barriers and now realize other possibilities, those that fit who you are. Consciously you probably have been working on this aspects but unconsciously there has been less success. Until now!

Have you finally realized something within your life that could be truly transforming?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, these interpretations are helpful to me. I definitely feel the association between the church and guilt, and the lifting of that guilt power off of me when I cried out in wordless anger. Dreamwork is a transforming power in my life. Harriett

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present