Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shot In The Leg

I'm not sure where this dream started, so I'll do the best I can.

I was at a concert. The performer was Beyonce, strange because I don't listen to her. After the show, she was meeting and greeting the fans. I was standing on the stage hoping to meet her, but also feeling like it would be useless. These celebrities can't remember everyone they've met. I wanted to leave a lasting impression on her, but I didn't know how. Finally, I caught her alone and I said, "Wow. That show was incredible. I had no idea you were THAT good." Somehow we got to talking...and we hugged for a very long time. When I finally stopped hugging her, my forehead was very sweaty and I was very embarrassed.

The dream skips around a lot...all I remember is a single road.

After that, our school was having problems with in-school shootings. It seemed it happened every day. After one, I was walking around town and found a McDonalds and Burger King side by side. The Burger King had been built so close to the McDonalds that one couldn't get to its drive-through window. I thought it was very rude, but kept walking.

The next day we had another intruder in our school. The staff was trying to get us all to a safe region. We ran down a hall and hid along the walls. I was throwing around boards to use as a bullet shield. One of the teachers urged us to keep going down the hall. We eventually found ourselves outside...in a fenced in activity area...much like a jail. I ignored this fact and helped assemble. We were supposed to be some sort of army, but I soon realized that my gun was a stick. All of us were standing around, looking at the roof of the building, waiting. We got word that the intruder was on the roof and we'd see him soon. He was. He became visible and started shooting as many people as he could. I took off running for a very thick tree.

"I WANT TO REBUILD A REPUBLIC!" the man screamed. One of our teachers was trying to negotiate with him, but it wasn't working. The tree I was standing behind had a second trunk and the two separated making a V shape. A woman was hiding behind the other trunk. This man casually walked over and stood in the V and I urged him to get down. Instead of sitting, he got down on his hands and knees. I told him he's probably be more comfortable sitting. So he did. The woman and I began conversing as if nothing was wrong. Then there was the sound of a gunshot and the woman's face turned into a look of horror. She pulled her arm away and I could see that she had been shot in the thigh. Another gunshot, I tried to lift myself, but I was too late. To my own horror, I looked down and found I had been shot in the leg. A third gunshot, another bullet in my leg. I was so confused because all three of these bullets had been shot THROUGH the tree. I tried and tried to dodge the bullets and I managed to dodge the next few.

That's when I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 TN

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Shot In The Leg

Aaron,
I haven't forgotten your dream post. A lot to this week and too little time to give to my intuitive self. I will try to give an interpretation later today.
Thanks,

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Aaron,
Here are some possible meanings of famous people in a dream.

(1) If some public figure or celebrity appears in a dream, the person may be there to express something about you or someone close to you.

(2) The famous person may represent what you would like to be. This may correspond to your shadow-self, the other side of your personality that is still buried in your unconscious. If so, it means you could incorporate into your conscious life those desired qualities that you see in the famous person, because they are already present - latent - in you.

{3} Alternatively, what the famous person represents may be a part of your personality or behaviour patterns that you have refused to acknowledge

You notice the possibilities are directed at aspects of the dreamer. Beyonce would represent some aspect of your psyche in the ways listed above. The fact she appears in the dream although you seldom listen to here may mean you are not tuned in to this particular aspect of your psyche.

In-school shoots. Look at the school as being you, possibly your learning capacity.
Two competing restaurants, neither able to provide the emotional nourishment you need/desire. Perhaps trying to drive through it instead of going 'within' {yourself} is the wrong way to approach this issue.

The school once again is you and the intruder may be unconscious contents. You may be trying to shield yourself from emotional issues {the unconscious contents}. These issues are confined, jailed, and need to be let out.
Guns and sticks. Perhaps Freudian applications?
A roof offers protection. Or it could even represent 'something within your thinking head'. The desire is to make these emotional issues conscious so to be able to reconcile what is out of balance. Much of the problem may be in your thinking, a protection against those things that tend to harm you emotionally.
Trees. A thing of nature, growing and expanding. This should be you. Emotional issues may be preventing this important growth.

A republic is where the 'head is not the monarch', or supreme ruler. If you have certain ideas in your about some aspect of yourself or life that do not fit then you will be unable to that tree, able to grow emotionally or spiritually.

Opposites. A man and a woman. The V. What could that represent {think woman}.

The bullets cause emotional wounds. The language in the last paragraph may be addressing who you are within. There are the opposites, man and woman. The man stood in the 'V'. What does that make the man?
The shots in the leg may represent not being able to stand up to those emotional issues. You are emotionally wounded. Even though you have realized your true identity, the tree, there are still those emotional issues and the wounds resulting from them. What could those issues be? I would look back at your other dreams and who you are.
Are there are still those unresolved issues concerning that one particular aspect? Or is it related issues from your waking life that cause emotional wounds? Most likely it is a combination of both. You cannot separate one from the other, at least not at this juncture in your life.

gerard

Hmm...this is a little bit over my head, but I'm going to make as much sense as I can.

(2) The famous person may represent what you would like to be. This may correspond to your shadow-self, the other side of your personality that is still buried in your unconscious. If so, it means you could incorporate into your conscious life those desired qualities that you see in the famous person, because they are already present - latent - in you.

I could definitely see this as being true. Beyonce is wildly successful. Being in the entertainment industry is definitely an aspiration of me. The other day I was talking with my mom and told her how badly I wanted to be a "somebody." Now, it's hard because she doesn't understand the reasoning behind me wanting to be a "somebody." But truth being, I've never been one. Middle school I was virtually invisible. Now, I guess I became a little more well-known in high school when I decided the shell I lived inside was unnecessary and broke out of it, but I still don't feel important to anyone. Even though celebrity crushes tend to be skin deep, it seems better than nothing.

Guns and sticks. Perhaps Freudian applications?

Haha, this excites me because I instantly understand what you mean! Hooray for psychology class!

The more I read into this, the more I think I understand what the dream means...even if it is way out there (Well, at the least the way the dream explained it to me).

You see, about five weeks ago, I finally worked up the courage to tell one of my best friends that I liked him, a lot (Yes I am gay). He had known I was gay for the longest time, but it never bothered him at all. In fact, we slept in the same bed on more than one occasion. He told me how much he supported homosexuality and we would talk about how ridiculous homophobic people were. I really do think he is a closeted homosexual, afraid to come out and admit it to himself. When I was at that stage, I thought having someone like me would help me come to terms with myself. So I treated him like a younger me.

It didn't work.

He read the note, and he hasn't talked to me since. Five weeks of complete silence from someone who I loved talking to not just because I liked him, but because he was a friend. Normally, a very good friend. Then when he stopped talking to me, it totally crushed me. Honestly, I would've been fine with, "I don't like you that way, but I still want to be friends." Then when I got neither, I fell into a very deep state of depression. I didn't want to go anywhere and I didn't want to talk to anyone.

Now I tell myself that I hate him. I want nothing to do with him. All I want is for him to understand what I've felt and I known I can't. I want him to hurt, as selfish as that sounds.

I'm thinking the bullets are the emotional wounds of that incident. The stick and gun are obvious because I'm gay. The man and woman could easily represent society and their perceptions on homosexuality and maybe the V is the society trying to say homosexuality is wrong. I'm thinking I've completely come to terms with myself. I no longer think of it as being a curse or a disability. But it still presents a huge problem with acceptance and rejection.

That leaves the Republic. I still don't know what that could mean.

I do have a question though: I'm going to guess you use the ideas from Jung based on the link for the Jungian Psyche. How closely related are the ideas of Freud and Jung?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 TN

Aaron,

I'll go over your response in detail this weekend. But here is the answer to your question about Jung and Freud.

Freud vs. Jung

gerard

Aaron,
You are becoming quite astute at realizing the unconscious stimuli in your dreams in their associations to your waking life. But your reactions may be what need adjustment. Love turning to hate is not normal but much of your life has been adjusting to such abnormal conditions. Perhaps the dream is addressing those attitudes. Instead of letting your emotions get the best of you and turn a once blossoming friendship into an emotional conflict, why not try negotiating, or talking to your once best friends {One of our teachers was trying to negotiate with him, but it wasn't working}. It not working may be the result of the emotions. Would it be impossible to sit down with your ex-best friend and talk it over, express your feelings but agree to be friends again?

As for the Republic. If you look up the definition of republic then perhaps that will provide clues. You do not want to be ruled by a monarch, you want to have a balanced attitude toward life and others.

I thought you would recognize the 'Freudian' remark. Because you are who you are {gay} and have begun to accept that your dreams will also depict that true identity and the emotions associated with it. I think you are showing real progress.

Now if you can put that progress to good use in other aspects. Why not approach this ex-friend and see if there is room to 'negotiate/talk' it over. This would be a good indication you are capable of overcoming those negative unconscious attitudes and ready to grow personally. That is what dreams attempt help you do, grow personally, psychologically and spiritually.

gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present