Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
University & Goldfish

Hi Gerard,

I dreamt last night that I was back in the University that I just finished working in. I was meeting the Dean of Research along with my younger brother. My brother seemed to have won some sort of competition and was discussing a business plan to sell records online. He figured out some kind of theory with the dean of research and 2 of my ex colleagues were there and they were fascinated because this was a very difficult theory to work out. A young pretty women was called in to look after my brother, she was the person who looked after all competition winners. My brother went off to have lunch at a long bench outside and I found myself having dinner with some of my colleagues in a restauarnt which seemed to be up in the rafters of a building. I then went outside to find my brother seated at a bench with other students. Somebody mentioned something about goldfish and I said that we had some in the University, lots of big goldfish. Then all I can rembeber is lots and lots of goldfish swimming around a black back ground!!!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, Dublin, Ireland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: University & Goldfish

Tracy,
I sense this is more a personal dream and which would require additional personal info about the relationship with your brother. Because your brother is prominent in this dream I would first look to that aspect in your life to determine the dream message.

Where would the competition apply, if any, in the relationship with your brother? What is the relationship with him today, is it strained? Or is it competitive? Do you feel responsible for some aspect of the relationship, something that may be unconsciously playing in your mind and needs to be addressed?
Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we will be able to see more into the possibilities.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Gerard,

Thank you for your reply. Your comment about me feeling responsible for some part of the relationship has hit home and got me thinking!!

I am very close to my brother, although there is a 10 year age difference, so I feel very protective of him and he has been like a guardian angel to me many times without him even realisisng it! He has a very kind and peaceful nature and just being around him can be healing!!! I do not think there is any competition in our relationship, however I feel that he is now growing up a bit and is is starting to get interested in DJ's (the records) and will start going out to clubs soon. I recently lost a very close person in a club environment (drug related) and I know the dangers of being in that scene. This is something that has been playing on my mind in relation to my brother. I want to be protective of him however I know he needs to make his own decisions as well.

Do you think this is what the dream relates to?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Tracey,
I do believe the dream is addressing some aspect of the relationship with your brother but what exactly is hard to determine from one dream.

Your admiration for your brother can be translated in the dream when he is discribed as a competition winner and the 'facination' to his 'very difficult theory to work out'. But I sense the competition has more meaning. Is the 'young pretty woman was called in to look after my brother, she was the person who looked after all competition winners' you or some other woman? Is there any competition for your brother's attention from other women in recent days?

The goldfish. This may represent your true self, or true emotions. It may be there are a lot of these emotions swimming around in your unconscious black background. What could be the cause for such emotions?

gerard

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your insights. I cannot place where the competition would come in. I don't feel that there is anyone competing for his attention or any new women in his life at the moment. Maybe I'm afraid of that in the future?!

I will have think it over and do some more soul searching!!

Thanks again

Tracy,
It could be a fear. You are feel very protective of him. The competition may come from his interest in DJ's {the records}. Your fear may be of losing him to his new hobby. A simple fear on the surface, perhaps deeper possibilities in the unconscious.

Not all dreams are addressing 'deep' issues. The everyday emotional life is the prime focus in most dreams, especially for anyone under the age of 40-45. If it is a simple fear it can cause an emotional ripple and not an emotional tsunami. But because dreams are therapeutic any emotional conflict can be the focus, big or small.

Consider the possibilities of a recent day's events being the focus of the dream. I sense something a bit deeper {phrases like I was meeting the Dean of Research always arouse my suspicions} but that is me. It may be a 'very difficult theory' after all. But it was worked out.

Understanding the goldfish will probably take us in the right direction. 'Something swimming in the black background'. And there are a lot of them.
What emotion are these goldfish swimming in?

gerard

stats from 7-14-10 to the present