Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nightmare

I don't really remmeber to much of my dream but what I do remember has me really shaken up. I dreamed that I found out that my husband was molesting our oldest daughter who is four. I remember telling him that I would kill him, but I never left him. In my dream my daughter tells me that daddy still has plans to do this after he is confronted about it. I also remember thinking that it was all my fault because I let her sleep in bed with us. Also, I remember in the middle of all the comotion of finding this information out I had gone out to dinner with a bunch of random people(none of whom I can put faces with)and showing them an album of pictures of me and my dates from past highschool dances. What does this dream mean. My husband is a wonderful father and I know that he would never do something like that. What does it mean??

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26- Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Nightmare

Jessica,
Dream language is mostly in symbols and metaphors but sometimes can be direct in its literal translation. and it can also be both. The first part of my interpretation deals with the symbolic language and the second part a possible 'literal' translation. See if either or both fit.

The molestation is most likely a metaphor for some other action on your husband's part. Could that be criticism of you and could it involve your daughter sleeping in your bed. Bed, sleep together, molestation? You didn't leave him, you sleep in the same bed. And it was your fault, perhaps the guilt you feel over the matter.
This would explan such a dream but may be a lead into something deeper in your unconscious.

The deeper meaning to the dream {in Jungian psyche all dreams have at least two meanings}.
The part about the album of pictures may represent something in your past. You are learning new information {unconscious information that has been stored} in the dream about yourself, and it comes in the middle of the commotion involving the experience with your husband {the symbolic molestation}. Perhaps it has to do with a past experience to do with high school dances. Is there any 'bad' experiences in your high school days that would somehow fit with being 'molested' or even harassed during that time frame?

Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can discover more about the dream from your response.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Nightmare

Well my husband and I have been going through a little rough spot right now and alot of it has to do with his criticism of how I am raising my daughters. I don't remember anything negative happening at a school dance. Thank you so much for your insight.

Jessica

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26- Texas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present