Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ex-Husband

My ex-husband and I are house-sitting, but we are going from apartment to apartment to apartment, and each one is different from the other. The images become blurred but each one is in a different state. One of them was in bad shape with rotten food in the fridge. The more recent one was a bit better, but it had not food in the fridge.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Ex-Husband

May,
Looking at the Dream Dictionaries and decided to see what the MDS Dictionary had to say about some of the symbols in your dream.

If we take what the MDS Dream Dictionary offers then we would be focusing on these possibilities for the following symbols:

House- the symbol of yourself, your self-image. The rooms {or apartments} may be your emotions, attitudes, complexes.

Apartment - The layer of the unconscious that represents the ego life. An aspect of the ego self. Just one part of the whole self. Room for growth. *see below

The above would probably best fit with a dream that comes from the personal unconscious although the general framework would remain. Someone in their teens to the early 30s would tend to have more of these dreams but everyone has them. Less life experiences equates to less emotional baggage to carry around. But dreams address our emotional conflicts, big and small.

Most of your dreams tend to arrive from the collective, even though you are at the very early stage of mid-life, when such dreams become more numerous. Addressing those deeper issues associated with personal growth {the inner search}, or mid-life issues. Your keen interest in dreams, your dreams in particular, reflect your search and that would be reflected in your dreams.
And it reflects personal growth, a very positive thing.

I think this dream could be addressing your past relationship with your ex. All the emotions, attitudes, complexes involved with that. The years, experiences, memories begin to blur, a different place {state} and time. The relationship had those rotten aspects and overall the relationship was in bad shape. The fridge here may symbolize the unconscious> The food would be the nourishment you needed from the relationship, and that was rotten. Things have gotten better since then but there is still not any nourishment in the relationship.

But on another level you are totally exploring your own psyche, including your animus {ex-husband}.
all dreams have at least two interpretations. The apartments are the different aspects, attitudes, emotions. The old self was rotten {The Wasteland-TS Eliot} but the present emotional self is better.
No food in the fridge. Food is often 'emotional nourishment'. Is there something lacking in emotional nourishment in your life?

Time and space. The past to the present, the unconscious space and the conscious space {dreams and ego}. So much to consider.

*see here
Although the hyperdictionary is an excellent resource it does contain some definitions that are frivolous. One is for apartments.

Definition: When you dream of an apartment, try to remember its characteristics: the bigger and wealthier it is, the more financially and emotionally successful you will get. The smaller and darker it is, the more financially and emotionally deprived you will be.

When an interpretation of a symbol becomes definite, as in financial success or failure, then the definition should be ignored. The emotional part can fit, but the financial, assumes too much without knowing anything about the dreamer. We all have emotions but not all of us are focused on the financial. Fortune tellers use such tactics to entice people to trust them. Dreams are involved in such shenanigans.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

This is so true Jerry. I think this dream is just re-affirming my decision to end the marriage, and showing me that the relationship did not nourish me. At the same time I need to look for nourishment from within.

Thanks,

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37/Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

And, it is showing me that my past state may have been 'rotten' but that I'm doing better now, much better, but that there is room for growth.

So true Jerry, thanks for that.

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37/Europe

stats from 7-14-10 to the present