Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two Lunar Eclipses

This happened during a nap before I went to work. Much of the logic and duality in the following dream is stranger than what I'm used to.

As soon as I started dreaming I was somehow aware that that it was a dream, yet I didn't think that I was really asleep. It was night and I was alternating between running and walkiing briskly across the freeway/bridge that connects Houston to Galveston. It wasn't an emergency or anything that I was running from, no anxiety at all. I just thought that the sooner I got across the better. The entire freeway/bridge was surrounded by water everywhere I looked. I considered my location to be part of the mainland even though I wasn't technically on land. I thought of my destination, the island, as the water for some reason. I'm not entirely certain, I think my true destination may have been the ocean on the other side of the island where there is no more land to go through. Other people were also walking across instead of driving. There were no cars at all. The lightposts illuminating the way gave a very white light. I looked to my right and saw the full moon and a black disk that was supposed to eclipse it, but it had missed. I then saw the black disk had the faintest hints of blue shaped like Earth's continents. I'm really not sure how to explain this next part. I thought about the way eclipses work and figured I had seen the Earth attempt to move between the moon and the "land" I was on (which also happenned to be Earth). The black disk with blue was also somehow the moon too. In other words, the white full moon was supposed to be obscured by a black moon that was also the Earth, but I was on Earth watching the event. I continued across and again saw the eclipse, but this time the moon was completely obscured for a very brief period. I then thought about the error in my reasoning the first time and realized that the completely black disk was the sun moving in front of the moon. I also considered the white full moon to be the sun at the same time. It had someting to do with the light it was giving. During the brief time that the white moon was covered it gave off a red-yellow light instead of white as if I were watching a solar eclipse at night. The other people watching stopped to look and make a big deal of the events, but I didn't want to be like them so both times I only observed casually. I never stopped moving like they did even though I thougth to myself, "This only happens once in a blue moon." While dreaming I realized that what had happened was very significant as far as symbolism goes and tried to interpret it in my sleep. At one point the circles and squares Jung wrote about came to mind. Thinking so hard about analyzing while walking across the bridge somehow woke me up before I could get to my destination. I was then shocked to find out that I had not been awake at all.

Waking life associations: About seven years ago I wrote a short story that was entirely unconscious. It was about a little boy who kills God in the night and spends the next seven years in panic running away. He runs until he reaches the sea. Because he can't run anywhere anymore he listens to the sea's advice. She says that she would comfort him if he drowned himself in her. This was written long before I knew of Jung and his ideas of the negative anima. For some reason the dream reminded me of this almost forgotten story. My waking personality is also like in the dream. I have a tendency to go against the grain. If everyone else is doing it, I won't.

Feelings upon awakening: Other than being perplexed and a little shocked, I felt fine at first. I thought maybe it would be a good idea to be cautious for the rest of the day even though there was no anxiety or fear involved with the dream. But later I spent most of the day in a brooding/irritable mood that seemed to come from nowhere.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28 Houston, TX

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Two Lunar Eclipses

R,
The running/walking may represent the everyday stresses of work and life. The bridge between Houston and Galveston may merely be part of those stressful aspects {normal routine, not an emergency}. That may be a conscious attitude but unconsciously it is more serious. There does seem to be an unconscious detachment from the norm {island from the mainland - the island as the water/unconscious}. Your true destination is the deep unconscious {ocean}. The detachment, while being a normal stressful existence, may be of conscious aspects from unconscious {islands would symbolize that detachment}. This may involve deeper conflicts in your life.

The eclipse may represent hidden aspects. An eclipse of the moon may be a symbol of the feminine or the mother. The black disk may be unconscious attitudes that prevent wholeness {circular disk}. The earth is often a symbol for the mother {a possible detachment in the relationship with your mother?}.

Let's end here and give you a chance to respond. The dream seems to be pointing to a detachment of some feminine aspect, possibly your mother. Is the mother part a possibility. Or is another feminine aspect? Unconsciously it is a real conflict but consciously you play down those possibilities {other people watching stopped to look and make a big deal of the events, but I didn't want to be like them so both times I only observed casually}.

The unconscious short story you penned 7 years ago. Have you discovered what the 'God' was that the little boy {you} killed? What could it be he/you are running away from? We know the roots to this conflict began at least seven years ago. What feminine aspect is it that requires you to 'drown' yourself in?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present