Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
When the whales came

I can't remember much of the dream, but this one part of it.

I could see a sea shore - pretty avarage, the weather was alright, the waves not choppy, the sand was quite avarage, it was a typical mid to late afternoon on a winters day, though not cold - only, hundreds of whales were coming ashore, and I immediatley thought to my self in the dream 'It's like 'when the whales came''.

Only the whales were all crying out, and bleeding from cuts, mostly on their fins and underbellys, so sort've not totally noticable or thick, but quite persistent.

I knew that they wern't crying because they were in pain from the cuts or blood - they were almost used to them by now - but something else. I'm not completeley sure exactly what it was. I think maybe to do with something having gone wrong, something...unnatural...not just in the literal sense, something which jars with something, though you can't quite figure out what.

It was almost like they were calling out to the humans, maybe for help, trying to say 'something's -wrong- and you need to do something about it.', but much more implicit than that not something you could vocalise.

I focused on this one whale in particular, a pale grey one, without any eyes, slightly cartoony - like a grey whale like blob - though the fins were in very good detail,like a magnefied fish's fins. I was some what absorbed with the cuts and blood on it's fin, how the blood washed into the water, but didn't stop, how it must sting, and the whale was sort've good; strong, for having come. These thoughts kind of niggled unconcsciousley at the back of my mind.

I remember thinking something along the lines of how the human race was...not exactly intrinsically evil, but how we'd been screwing up the environment, and it wouldn't last much longer, and the whales would totally be destroyed if we didn't acknowledge this. I sort of apathetically, dreamily decided that we didn't much matter, I didn't matter, and that we should let the world heal itself. And so...kind of, as if I were a god, I made all the 'electricity' stop.

This meant the human race was back to a natural way of life...sort've...there was no way of using science to create technology, I think...

Thanks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 England

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: When the whales came

Life seems good, without real conflicts, an average teenage life on the surface. But within I there is pain, cuts and wounds hidden within the unconscious. Something to do with 'unnatural' causes. Something you need to 'vocalize' so there is an outer awareness that facilitates the healing process.

The whales would represent your own inner self calling out. Something is wrong within your psyche. These things are in the unconscious, in the back of your mind as you attempt to have a normal teenage life. You are a strong person {do you have a strong personality, possibly being an extrovert?}.

It is your environment, probably outer as well as inner, that is screwed up. Something within you that needs acknowledgment. You may feel at times in your life, perhaps having to do with family, love and acceptance, that you do not matter, you are unimportant. You repress these inner wounds, hoping for your own inner healing, being the lesser god that can only wish for a healing.

Even with these inner wounds you go about life in a natural way, trying to be normal. The science is producing your own solutions to these inner problems. Another indication of your strong will and personality.

But such inner wounds cry out for heal, and a true healing process that requires more than just a strong will.

What is your family life about, particularly your relationship with your mother? { whales can represent the mother}. And what experiences in your past may have been 'unnatural'?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for the reponse.

I've been told I've got a strong personality...I couldn't really say myself.

As for the relationship with my mother...we're quite similar, get on well, and I've always been closer to her than my dad.

I don't know of any particularly unnatral experiences...other than romantic intimacy always having been very much an 'unatural' and disturbing thing, for as long as I can remember having a somewhat solid grasp/experience of the concept. I've neve really understood why it's had such a strong effect, other than the fact I'm young ect, which is rather blatant.

But anay way, thanks.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Ivy,
The intimacy could very well be the inner conflict I saw in the dream, it being that 'unnatural' thing. Inward you know it is there but because you do have a strong personality you compensate the lack of intimacy with other things. It is not something you would 'vocalize' to the outer world. Whales, besides representing the mother also can symbolize those 'natural' feminine aspects. The sting could be from a lack of intimacy when those moments of closeness are lacking.

"These thoughts kind of niggled unconsciously at the back of my mind".

Consciously you may thing you have put the problem in perspective. But unconsciously it remains and can 'sting' when you are called upon to be intimate.

Could it be your mother also has had such intimacy problems? A possibility of inherent traits that dreams will often expose.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

"Could it be your mother also has had such intimacy problems? A possibility of inherent traits that dreams will often expose."

In some respects it's very much true, both innatley, and also due to outside events. In others not so much...I do sound cryptic...

Thanks for the responses.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present