Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wine Cellar Man

Hi Gerard and all -- season's greetings!

This is a dream I had yesterday afternoon.

Wine Cellar Man

I was going, for the third time, to either serve or be served in a wine cellar restaurant, which was mostly frequented by men. I bumped into the same man each time. He was wearing the same thing each time as well -- a pale blue shirt with a faint graph design and blue jeans.

The first time we accidentally bumped into each other. I apologized as if it was my fault. He ignored me and walked quickly on without acknowledging me at all.

The second time, we collided violently in passing (but again accidentally). I'd somehow gashed the right side of his head. He was very brusque with me and when I said sorry, it was as if he expected me to do so. He then walked away from me very quickly.

The third time I was carrying two bottles of red wine in one hand and was heading to the work/side entrance. I was seeing, for the first time, the outside of the establishment. It was very male, with tables set outside for single men to sit and have wine, lunch and cigars with their newspapers. As I was just about to round the corner to the side entrance, I saw that the very same blue-shirted man was seated at the edge table, facing away. He stood up abruptly just as I passed and we collided again on the right side of his body, close enough that I could see plainly the blood gash from the last collision. I apologized profusely. He just ignored me and kept walking. But this time I reached out and grabbed his arm, speaking to him firmly. "Look! I SAID, I'm sorry! And for you not to respond, frankly, is just rude."

He replied dismissively, "Call me rude then."

He went on his way and I went onto entering the cellar, feeling glad that I'd spoken, but disturbed by the response.

Thanks for reading.

Angela

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Wine Cellar Man

Angela,

We are most likely looking at two possibilities to the 'wine cellar man'. One would be a real person{s} in your life and/or this 'unconscious' guy {cellar} represents an animus aspect of your psyche. It could be both.

Cellars are deep beneath the surface of the unconscious which suggests unconscious aspects/attitudes you possess. Wine could represent 'life's energies' {blood} or passions. The restaurant would be where you receive nourishment, possibly outside nourishment {you have to go outside you go to a restaurant}. The repeated encounter with the same man may suggest a real person whom you have 'passions' for, or man/men you are seeking passion from, or an unconscious need to 'understand' a passion or energy in your own masculine attitudes.

There seems to be an unconscious attitude toward a particular man or men that the dream is addressing, possibly something you are not aware of {an animus attitude}. And it seems to be getting worse {second time, we collided violently}. It also may indicate your own animus aspects, a need to understand certain masculine aspects you possess and you feel an need to apologize for, most likely to yourself {perhaps you have displayed certain 'masculine' attitudes in your waking life that you feel a need to apologize}. Have you been rude to, or even perhaps someone has been rude to you? If it is your own attitudes that are being focused on then unconsciously you are beginning to understand those aspects {the unconscious is speaking to you, as in this dream, and you feel a relief they are coming to the surface {feeling glad I had spoken}. If it is a waking encounter with a man/men {outside restaurant} then there may be feelings these masculine types are rude to you.

I sense a certain attitude toward is in question in this dream
}. Possibly having to do with relationships, internal and external. What is the condition of your romantic life? If it is not as successful as you wish it to be then it may be because of your own 'masculine' attitudes that you could unconsciously feel 'turn' men off. Perhaps a little background on this particular aspect of your life {relationship with men} may shed light on the possibilities.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Wine Cellar Man

Gerard, thank you once again.

Your insights have brought forth sudden clarity. Some of the thoughts were the opposite of my life, which allowed everything to make perfect sense. i.e. Men. I'm happily married and have not had an issue with turning men off or away. So, as you suggest... animus, here we come! I have been wanting to address my animus, but couldn't seem to get it without these objective questions/suggestions.

(I am the unpublished novelist, married to a well-known writer, who has just discovered about a weak animus in my dreams a couple months ago. All my male dream figures were collapsing or hesitant and this led to the discovery that a weak animus is connected to the inability of a woman to get her creative work out into the world.)

So, ever since this discovery about the condition of my animus, I've been focussing on it both inwardly and outwardly. Inwardly, as in writing down and working through my dreams. Outwardly, through some writing submissions, which I haven't done for years; and, starting this morning, I'm in writing seclusion for a full week to focus on my writing and dreams.

And this is fantastic! You mention that a restaurant would mean nourishment from outside. I understand that for most people, this would be true, yet because I owned my own restaurant (a wine bar actually...), I can now see that a restaurant is my personal dream symbol showing where I am being the nurturer to others. That social dragon again...

Another side is that a restaurant in my dreams will also represent the place where I have successfully had my creativity accepted in the outer world. Or where I have been the business'man'...

So, in getting down to *business* now, this means that I have to ignore everything that crosses my path this week. Just like my dream male does. This naturally feels uncomfortable and rude to my waking self. So, I see that I'm being confronted with that energy in the dream.

With further regards to the rudeness: I've been particularly aware and even envious of my husband and his son (both writers) as they simply remove themselves from social situations -- sometimes rudely (mid-sentence or mid-important story) -- to be with their creations. I'm often left tending to the guests and apologizing for the men. Saying 'sorry' when it wasn't my fault!

And hey! I'm seeing just now the importance of that gash in the right side of the man's head. This could be the need for attention to the *right brain*! But of course!

So, would you say this is indicating that my animus can now be very focussed and on his own path, and that this is nothing to apologize for...?

Excellent, excellent! I can't thank you enough, Gerard!

Angela.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present