Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kissing snake

I was at work and a large green python snake was trying to persue me. A woman at work came up and looked it in the eye. Then leaned over and gave it a consuming kiss. The snake then returned to pursuing me. I became afraid and held up a pillow to stop the snake. The snake bite me through the pillow.

I tried to find someone to help me. I went to my supervisor's office. The room was empty except for two pink potted carnations. I then went to my garden where I found a large container of toxic waste and trash. The snake changed it size to becoming smaller and smaller throughout the dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51 Las Vegas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Kissing snake

Deborah,
The need is to determine what the snake represents. We know it is pursuing you so that may provide clues to what it symbolizes. Since the snake bits you through a pillow it may indicate unconscious hidden fears you possess {snake would be the fears, the pillow would be the unconscious, as in sleep}.

The supervisor probably symbolizes 'inner supervision', something which you have no guidance in {the fear that is pursuing you}. The garden would be that inner place of personal growth. It is infected with toxic waste and trash. But the fear that has caused this condition is becoming less of an influence. What is it that has been 'toxic' in your life and is still pursuing you?

Could the snake represent a relationship in your life, a person who you have been close to and has influenced you for a long period of time. Is that relationship changing? Perhaps the fear of that is what is unconsciously pursuing you. But over time it is becoming less of an influence.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Kissing snake

Hi Deborah

Gerard's interpretation is very insightful. I am interested in snake dreams and would also like to offer my insights.

in the process of inner growth and development that takes tremendous energy, work, but is rewarding.

Green is the colour of healing, of Nature and in some traditons, mystical knowledge with the Divine

Pythons are non-poisionous snakes. They are harmless to humans, usually, especially green ones.

A deeper feminine aspect of yourself is conscious and strong, able to look at an important matter to your personal life closely to effect transformation. So much so that she is able to connect with the natural, healing and mystical energy that wants to come up for you. She is showing you that it is safe to embrace this new emerging healing. A pillow is fluffy. Fluffy excuses can't stop such a powerful force.

But being bitten, though not dangerous is scary. Connecting with our more powerful aspects also means facing our shadow. We search for a higher power to ground us, to allow us to transcend our ego enough so that we can face the transpersonal energy that can heal us. With love innocence < carnations> we can achieve our goals.

Then we can be gentle enough to face what needs to be disposed of...negative energy, or negative people, or our own negative habits....time to let go...as we let go, the magnitude of healing gets less intense.

By facing shadow aspects in yourself, and likewise in a close relationship (possibly our own projections are our shadow on those close to us), a deep and profound healing and spiritual transcendence can occur.

You are ready to take the next step....

Hope this helps,

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present