Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
australian cult dream??

thanks for taking the time to read this. i'm new here & posting b/c i can't get a strange dream out of my head...i'm in a remote location somewhere in australia with my younger sister (our father's australian but we've never lived there). there is a very steep cliff leading down to a beach. everyone's enjoying themselves even though the monsoon is coming & those who don't leave in time will drown. there's some kind of festival going on, which includes a trumpet serenade to mock the queen of england.
even though i'm anxious about leaving in time, i still feel compelled to register at some kind of office. i finish the registration procedures & find my sister to go, but she insists on registering too. i'm angry and get ready to leave, but i feel like i need to go back for her. it's starting to rain lightly, signalling the coming in of the tides and monsoon. i return to the office to find her, but, suddenly, i'm trapped by the people who i had thought were working there. it turns out they're members of a cult worshipping the principle of time, and since we've leaving too late, we're going to be their sacrifices. i start to fight them off (maybe in a gun battle- don't quite remember), & at that point i wake up.

weird, right?? i read online that dreaming about cults means feeling a lack of spiritual control or powerlessness in a relationship, but i don't think that explains all of the elements of the dream...all thoughts appreciated. *b*

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26, boston

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: australian cult dream??

bianca,
Do you experience mood swings that could lead to 'destructive and/or manipulative' behavior? The coming monsoons {dark emotions} and tides {tides are something that come at regular intervals and are influenced by the moon, which may suggest natural changes} are natural occurrences and we all suffer to some degree with the onset of bad weather {monsoons}. A cult can symbolize 'destructive and/or manipulative' attitudes {see cult in the Hyperdictionary}. It may something you and your younger sister share since she is in the dream. The 'fighting off' may represent your trying to fight off these dark emotions.. Since we are in the winter season such emotions are common, especially if you have a hard time with emotions during the winter season.

The dream may merely be addressing those emotions that often come with winter. In Australia the weather is thought of as always warm {everyone's enjoying themselves}. But in the winter season you are indoors and away from the 'sunny' beach. The destructive behavior may simply be an attitude and not so destructive. But, if there are problems with depression then they could be destructive.

On the other hand, and since you specifically mentioned it, if you are experiencing spiritual problems, the dream may be addressing that aspect. Are you in a relationship that requires you to 'register' your spiritual emotions? Since you feel the dream is addressing more than just that I would look to my first suggestion and see if it fits.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present