Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Swimming Pool in a Cave

I am in a cave-like place which I realize is the inside of the "Upton Mountain," the waking-life nickname for a local landfill). I can see people swimming in a swimming pool far below. I see the blue water. I hear someone say that it's appalling that people are swimming in a landfill. Someone else comments that it's the cleanest, purest water you could ever possibly find anywhere. I meet a handsome young couple with a naked baby coming up from the pool. I think that at least that baby would have polluted the water. I can still see the blue water of the pool far below and I'm surprised to see that it has a cement bottom. I had imagined it opening right into the landfill. It's a very old-looking pool. I start down but decide to come back up instead of going into the pool. The hard part is that I have to somehow climb off the ladder onto a separate platform at the top. This is scary and a physical challenge for me. I'm not sure I can do it, but I want to get out of there. A young man is beside me. I think he'll offer to help, but he doesn't. By standing on the top rung of the ladder, which is terrifying to me, I manage to get off the ladder and onto the platform. On waking I wondered if the landfill in this dream is related to the landfill in my dream recorded here November 14. In that dream, I think that my brother wanted to dispose of the evidence of murders we committed by throwing it into a landfill.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Swimming Pool in a Cave

harriett,

The first thing that come to mind when I see the word landfill is TS Eliot's poem 'The Wasteland' which describes how most people live inauthentic lives. At mid-life we look back and see our lives and respond 'what a waste'. Let's see how that fits with your dream

The swimming pool could fit with 'swimming' in the unconscious, and finding those things that are 'appalling'. The people would be those collect aspects that make up who you are. But also within the deepest unconscious is that 'purified self, one of a spiritual/creative nature. Or a new phase in your life. Perhaps within all the 'garbage' in your life there is emerging something new and pure{naked baby}. But if the baby is believed, and I ascent believed, to have polluted the unconscious it may suggest that spiritual/creative/new phase aspect has become polluted. The imagination has been usurped by past 'wasteland' experiences {old-looking pool}. You have to climb out of that past self to reach a new platform. That is the hero/heroine path of self discovery which is a scary and a physical/psychological challenge path to take {anyone who takes the path of self discovery is engaged in that hero/heroine adventure}. And terrifying! You need to get past 'the past' and discover that new self. The young man may represent a younger brother who did not offer to help earlier in life. But you persevere and reach the top rung and are at a higher level of consciousness because of it.

I sense a combination of that desire for personal growth along with the 'wasteland' experiences in life. Including those dealing with your brother. Your 'hiding the evidence of murders' dream seems to be about both also. Have you recently reached a new plateau in your quest for self discovery?

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, this fits. I continue to reach new levels in my journey of self-discovery, and each time I move to a new level that step off of the ladder and up to the next level is very scary.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

harriet,
The left hand path of self discovery can be very scary. It requires you to leave behind much of the material ambitions in lue of those 'inner' needs. Perhaps the dream is offering some guidance to that fear in the dream language, "By standing on the top rung of the ladder, which is terrifying to me, I manage to get off the ladder and onto the platform". By staying the course of that inner search, the 'standing on the top rung' may suggest the need to stay 'on that inner search' may be guidance to ho to fulfill those needs. I have a proverb I live by that always works. 'Do all you can and don't worry about the rest'. Do all you can do that fulfills the need of the inner self, the spiritual/creative/personal growth aspect of the psyche, and the helping hands of fate will always be there to lend you support. At 55, and 58 {my age}, it can be a very scary world when trying to balance that psychological need of personal growth ad inner inspection with the social need just to survive> And when you include all the emotional baggage that has been accumulated over a life time, life only gets scarier. If you let it. It seem the primary task of the hero journey in this age is not to let life scare you away from that path of personal growth, the spiritual and creative nutrition that is the greatest desire of the soul.

gerard

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present