Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bird in Car

Hi Gerard, me again..

That was so interesting with the pig, that I'm now back with a bird! I just woke from this one a couple hours ago.

There were a few of us getting into car, when I saw a mid-size, grey-black bird, mid-flight in the back seat area. The back doors and one front one were open, so I tried to lead it out. It did come out, but then it circled overtop of the car and started right back in. By now it was a much bigger bird, about the size of a pheasant and it had turned the gorgeous blue and white colours of a blue jay. It was diving into the other side of the car. We were all trying to redirect it, but, almost like a magnet, it kept being drawn back into the car. It swooped over and in many times. There was quite a to-do over keeping this bird out. One of the people with me finally managed to grab it around the neck, but she looked at me, as if to say, "What do I do with it now?"

Any thoughts?

Angela

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Bird in Car

Angela,
I sense the dream is focusing on something within the unconscious {let's say something to do with the true self} that is needing to 'lead out' of its 'back seat' position. And the need is growing. When it is out of its confinement it turns into something beautiful.

Trying to keep it out would be the real task {keeping it in its rightful/proper place in your life}. You may have to 're-direct' your energies so to achieve this task. The magnet could be those issues of social requirements, the constant pull of social duty and abandoning the true desires of the soul. Such requirements often 'grab you by the neck' to prevent this true self from taking its rightful place. The ego may be the culprit as well, its grasp never wanting to relinquish its control over the psyche {giving control over to the true self}.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Bird in Car

Oh yes... Gerard, this is so true! And so simple too.

Directly after this posting this, I attacked my 'To-do' list. (I realize I used the phrase: "quite a to-do" in relaying the dream.) In my rush, while unloading groceries, I dropped an entire case of wine... And then I overeacted with tears and frustration. Clearly, I'm feeling pressured with all these things 'to-do'. Having had a chance for a week's writing retreat at the beginning of the month, I'm bereft now of that time I had to myself and with my writing. I almost feel like I'm just running around -- in the car, out of the car.

Ah ha! Just like the bird...

Your other point about the ego is also well heard. Because, at the same time, I see I am over-doing things, which has to be ego-connected.

This one was short, quick and to the point! Thanks a million, Gerard.

Angela.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 39 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present