Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Desert journey with a bag of bones

I am happy to be able to be part of the new dream forum!

Okay, here goes:

I am in a little house possibly by an ocean or just by a field. There is a man there, older, attractive. He has a little blond boy with him. He is adorable and the boy runs away around the front of the house (I think there are steps up to the porch) and I run after him. He is running, playing around the corner of the house, towards the back or side of the house (if you are facing the front porch, the boy runs toward the left and towards the back). I am thinking there may be an ocean there, but if not, there are rocks for sure. He falls, scrapes his knees. I run over to pick him up. I don't even know the boy, but he accepts my embrace as I console him. When I hold him towards me as when you put a child to sleep, he does just that. He begins to doze. He is so warm and sweet and blond. The father comes around the corner and sees me with his son in my arms, almost asleep. He looks approving, impressed. The man has an older son, an adult who is handsome as well. He is not there, but for some reason i feel that the plot is trying to figure out if it is him I am supposed to be with or the father. I think it is decided I am to be with the father.

The plot changes a little and I am someone's daughter in the house, but watching as well as if reading a book, watching a movie. I have a sister and a Father. (They bear no resemblance to my real family). The father is doing some sort of research or activity in the house. He has hired an assistant to help with a problem. Something about a ghost, an entity, a woman, frightening, powerful. I don't see her face it seems to be changing in form, no real face, deformed almost, not a natural person face. She is powerful and colorful (possibly). I see her once. The father has hired this man, Raul, (he looks like the actor from addams family, raul julia) to help. He has conducted a sort of casting call for helpers and weeded them out using a psychological questionnaire. I see a stack of them on the table. Answers circled by hand in black and blue pen. Something has been going on in the house, sabotage of some kind. Explosives, something. There is one time where explosives are set, something happens and I end up running out of the house, I may trip and I roll down a tall hill of light brown dirt and rocks. I roll and roll and rocks begin to fall and I remember vividly having to dodge them. big and small, I move out of their path, sometimes at the last second. Then my father comes down after me. I see him, a man in dark clothes walking down the hill to come for me to see if I am alright. As he walks, he causes more rocks to fall, and I dodge those as well.

I'm not sure if is at this moment that I see the picture. I have rolled and rolled and when I stop, I realize I have come upon a sort of edge of a large picture drawn deeply into the dirt, making a deep ridge. Somebody with me is scared of it (possibly my father who has come down), because it has the shape of a woman and maybe he thinks it is the frightening woman. But I say, "I am not scared. I know this shape. It is la Virgen." And, indeed, it did have her shape. Like the Virgin Mary wearing the long shawl, covering her head and body. I figured the natives there had carved her into the dirt.

We are in the house later and I think it is now that we begin to suspect Raul for the problems. And it is now that I see the stack of questionnaires and we all think the same thing. It seems that Raul has been doing it. He did not answer his questions truthfully and he has been sabotaging us. I remember Raul sitting there at the desk partly in shadow.

Then something else is happening. A bomb has been set or the frightening woman has become active. The house is made of wood, I think. It is small, but has many rooms (reminds me a little of a friend's house). The woman wants to harm us. She is so frightening. She is like a burst of power and anger. Colorful, no fixed face. It seems to grow and change and undulate, the planes of her face. She may be wearing a colorful shawl. She shows up in the front of a room. I see where she is supposed to appear or surge out, as on a stage. There is a mark for her appearance. Then we are running. Run! Run! The bomb has been set. Raul has betrayed us! And we are running to leave the house before it is too late. We run and run and we jump over the fence, and hang on to the grassy ledge. Below us is a long very steep way down. Grass instead of dirt this time. We are holding on with the tips of our fingers but I think that if the house explodes now, we will be harmed, so, despite the fear, I say let's just let go and see if we can slide down slowly. And that is just what we do. The grass is comfortable compared to the dirt, cushioning us, and instead of rolling, we slide down easily.

Then we have to begin our journey away from the house. We are almost in hiding, because we aren't human. The father and his two daughters. We may be vampires. Along the way, we go into a small town. We are traveling on foot. A group of men and boys is walking along. It looks like they may have been drinking. The southwest feel of the area is very strong. Dusty, deserted. It may be dusk or early evening. There are hardly any people in this small town. I threaten the boys and men. I intend to scare them because I believe we are stronger than they are. I growl and show them that I am not human, but more feral and frightening. The young man I am directing my threat at, looks at me and almost laughs. They are covered in dust, wearing well worn clothes. He says something and then shows me how his eyes can change color and shape. He moves his hand in front of his face and each time he does his eyes change, at first they change color subtly, then they change color completely, eyes that no human could ever have - white and black. He was no human and he was no vampire. He tells of his hunting and how when his arm grasps the prey the muscles, bones are working. Then I am the girl talking to him, but I am also watching, (and now I feel the need to call that girl my sister) and my sister takes out of her bag slung over her shoulder, a bone, a human bone. It seems she is carrying a whole human skeleton in there, and she takes out precisely the bone the boy referred to without naming that he used in the act of grasping his prey. And she says "Well, since you mentioned this bone (and she says a long name that I don't recognize as a bone in the human arm possibly starting with a d) aids you when you are hunting. I offer it to you as a good omen." She has saved us. Subtly and sagely. She showed her intelligence by naming the bone the boy had only referred to in general without naming. And she showed good will by offering him the bone of the skeleton we carried.

We continue on our journey. Eventually, they may have found a hotel or apartment to stay in. The father wants the two daughters to continue to study. He has modules prepared for them. But they are older modules, out-of-date. Subjects they do not really want to study. They are not very advanced (math). The daughters say this and the father says he doesn't care. They are all he has for them and he says, "I want you to do hundreds each of this module and that module." He doesn't want them to get behind just because they are traveling, in hiding.

Then as I am waking up, I see a book. The cover is black with colored lines/strings making up the picture of the family (people) traveling. Colorful, each person, standing in a row in profile going from left to right, facing right as if they are traveling along. There may be a bow and arrow in a girl's hand, or is it the bag of bones. Can't remember the title, but I am reading the description of the book. It looks almost as if it has been stitched, like a pillow with designs on it formed by many colored strings.
I haven't written in a while. Last time I posted a dream, I had just come back from a trip and was so certain of what I wanted to do. Unfortunately, that certainty has abandoned me and the old confusion has returned. Circumstances have changed and instead of going to live and study abroad, I am forced to remain here for a time, feeling rather trapped, stagnant and uncertain about what I should do with my life. (the story of my life)

I apologize for my dream being so lengthy. It's the second dream I've had this week in which a skeleton made an appearance. The first one involved a skeleton whose legs I was trying to attach better. I was trying to tweak them, fix them. And later the skeleton got up and he was actually a person and he was walking, but still with some difficulty.

Thank you, in advance, for your help. A little clarity would be very welcome at this point.

Susana

note: i grew up in a Mexican catholic household. Although I no longer consider myself catholic, (more of a spiritual seeker, open to all religions as the many masks of God) la Virgen de Guadalupe does resonate with me as part of my cultural and family (personal) tradition.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32, Arizona

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Desert journey with a bag of bones

Sana,
Because the dream is long I will break it down by paragraph and provide what I see in each. You can then put it all together.

{1} I am in a little house possibly by an ocean or just by a field. There is a man there, older, attractive. He has a little blond boy with him. He is adorable and the boy runs away around the front of the house (I think there are steps up to the porch) and I run after him. He is running, playing around the corner of the house, towards the back or side of the house (if you are facing the front porch, the boy runs toward the left and towards the back). I am thinking there may be an ocean there, but if not, there are rocks for sure. He falls, scrapes his knees. I run over to pick him up. I don't even know the boy, but he accepts my embrace as I console him. When I hold him towards me as when you put a child to sleep, he does just that. He begins to doze. He is so warm and sweet and blond. The father comes around the corner and sees me with his son in my arms, almost asleep. He looks approving, impressed. The man has an older son, an adult who is handsome as well. He is not there, but for some reason i feel that the plot is trying to figure out if it is him I am supposed to be with or the father. I think it is decided I am to be with the father.

interpretation
On the verge of an unconscious realiztion

trying to consciously balancing masculine aspects-seeking to develop new masculine tendencies

new posibilities in this new macsuline aspect-but hard to get to

it is a welcoming aspect

but this aspect is still unconsciously asleep

you have chosen older tendencies

{2} The plot changes a little and I am someone's daughter in the house, but watching as well as if reading a book, watching a movie. I have a sister and a Father. (They bear no resemblance to my real family). The father is doing some sort of research or activity in the house. He has hired an assistant to help with a problem. Something about a ghost, an entity, a woman, frightening, powerful. I don't see her face it seems to be changing in form, no real face, deformed almost, not a natural person face. She is powerful and colorful (possibly). I see her once. The father has hired this man, Raul, (he looks like the actor from addams family, raul julia) to help. He has conducted a sort of casting call for helpers and weeded them out using a psychological questionnaire. I see a stack of them on the table. Answers circled by hand in black and blue pen. Something has been going on in the house, sabotage of some kind. Explosives, something. There is one time where explosives are set, something happens and I end up running out of the house, I may trip and I roll down a tall hill of light brown dirt and rocks. I roll and roll and rocks begin to fall and I remember vividly having to dodge them. big and small, I move out of their path, sometimes at the last second. Then my father comes down after me. I see him, a man in dark clothes walking down the hill to come for me to see if I am alright. As he walks, he causes more rocks to fall, and I dodge those as well.

interpretation

Looking back on your childhood

you are seeking balance with your father

there is an unconscious search about the father relationship

consciously you need assistance in confronting this father aspect

there are ghosts related to it

there is an unnatural aspect to the relationship

you needhelp in 'weeding' out this aspect

very conflicting emotions tied to it

you have dofged these aspects throughout your life

the falling rocks, perhaps having to do with fundamnetal foundations to your soul, are caused by your father

{3} I'm not sure if is at this moment that I see the picture. I have rolled and rolled and when I stop, I realize I have come upon a sort of edge of a large picture drawn deeply into the dirt, making a deep ridge. Somebody with me is scared of it (possibly my father who has come down), because it has the shape of a woman and maybe he thinks it is the frightening woman. But I say, "I am not scared. I know this shape. It is la Virgen." And, indeed, it did have her shape. Like the Virgin Mary wearing the long shawl, covering her head and body. I figured the natives there had carved her into the dirt.

interpretation

you have not consciously confronted these father aspects

they are tsill mostly unconciously, most likely due to fears of causing waking conflicts

to do so would reveal something about your father

there are images of the virgin carved into your psyche

{4} We are in the house later and I think it is now that we begin to suspect Raul for the problems. And it is now that I see the stack of questionnaires and we all think the same thing. It seems that Raul has been doing it. He did not answer his questions truthfully and he has been sabotaging us. I remember Raul sitting there at the desk partly in shadow.

interpretation
there is denial - the ego id sabotaging unconscious conflicts

it mostly remains unconscious-repression

{5} Then something else is happening. A bomb has been set or the frightening woman has become active. The house is made of wood, I think. It is small, but has many rooms (reminds me a little of a friend's house). The woman wants to harm us. She is so frightening. She is like a burst of power and anger. Colorful, no fixed face. It seems to grow and change and undulate, the planes of her face. She may be wearing a colorful shawl. She shows up in the front of a room. I see where she is supposed to appear or surge out, as on a stage. There is a mark for her appearance. Then we are running. Run! Run! The bomb has been set. Raul has betrayed us! And we are running to leave the house before it is too late. We run and run and we jump over the fence, and hang on to the grassy ledge. Below us is a long very steep way down. Grass instead of dirt this time. We are holding on with the tips of our fingers but I think that if the house explodes now, we will be harmed, so, despite the fear, I say let's just let go and see if we can slide down slowly. And that is just what we do. The grass is comfortable compared to the dirt, cushioning us, and instead of rolling, we slide down easily.

interpretation
time has erased the fears and the 'bomb' has once again become active

there may be depression, even thoughts of self inflicting injuries

the inner conflicts are growing and becoming more powerful

you are running away from these inner conflicts

self betrayal is a fear within you-a need to expose these inner ghosts

consciously you are barely holding on

to confront these inner fears will cause conscious harm

the unconscious seeks to reveal, and balance what is unconsciously frightening

{6} Then we have to begin our journey away from the house. We are almost in hiding, because we aren't human. The father and his two daughters. We may be vampires. Along the way, we go into a small town. We are traveling on foot. A group of men and boys is walking along. It looks like they may have been drinking. The southwest feel of the area is very strong. Dusty, deserted. It may be dusk or early evening. There are hardly any people in this small town. I threaten the boys and men. I intend to scare them because I believe we are stronger than they are. I growl and show them that I am not human, but more feral and frightening. The young man I am directing my threat at, looks at me and almost laughs. They are covered in dust, wearing well worn clothes. He says something and then shows me how his eyes can change color and shape. He moves his hand in front of his face and each time he does his eyes change, at first they change color subtly, then they change color completely, eyes that no human could ever have - white and black. He was no human and he was no vampire. He tells of his hunting and how when his arm grasps the prey the muscles, bones are working. Then I am the girl talking to him, but I am also watching, (and now I feel the need to call that girl my sister) and my sister takes out of her bag slung over her shoulder, a bone, a human bone. It seems she is carrying a whole human skeleton in there, and she takes out precisely the bone the boy referred to without naming that he used in the act of grasping his prey. And she says "Well, since you mentioned this bone (and she says a long name that I don't recognize as a bone in the human arm possibly starting with a d) aids you when you are hunting. I offer it to you as a good omen." She has saved us. Subtly and sagely. She showed her intelligence by naming the bone the boy had only referred to in general without naming. And she showed good will by offering him the bone of the skeleton we carried.

interpretation
you are struggling to realize and understand these 'inhumane' aspects

the inner conflicts are draining your energy

inside you feel empty

there are conflicts in waking relationships with men

you have trouble trusting men

your sister is involved with similiar experiences

both of you are carrying skeletons

you compensate unconscious conflicts with conscious behavior

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Desert journey with a bag of bones

Sana,
Sorry for the two separate posts. My computer crashed just as I was about to post the 7th paragraph. Fortunately I've learned to use Microsoft Word when I interpret long dreams and I had saved it.
{I didn't get to 'spell check' the first part of my response, so please forgive any misspelled words}

{7} We continue on our journey. Eventually, they may have found a hotel or apartment to stay in. The father wants the two daughters to continue to study. He has modules prepared for them. But they are older modules, out-of-date. Subjects they do not really want to study. They are not very advanced (math). The daughters say this and the father says he doesn't care. They are all he has for them and he says, "I want you to do hundreds each of this module and that module." He doesn't want them to get behind just because they are traveling, in hiding.

interpretation
you have 'compartmentalized' these inner conflicts-repression

there is an unconscious study of them

there are from your past-something you do not want to confront-again repression

there is an unconscious repetition of these inner conflicts

you are hiding them-repression

{8} Then as I am waking up, I see a book. The cover is black with colored lines/strings making up the picture of the family (people) traveling. Colorful, each person, standing in a row in profile going from left to right, facing right as if they are traveling along. There may be a bow and arrow in a girl's hand, or is it the bag of bones. Can't remember the title, but I am reading the description of the book. It looks almost as if it has been stitched, like a pillow with designs on it formed by many colored strings.

interpretation
there is the book of unconscious knowledge

it is a book about you, throughout the years

bows and arrows have mythological representations-heart, divine power of healing, burial of past wounds

your life has been 'stitched' together, the many strings, the threads that make up who you are today
end of interpretation

There seems to be a clear pattern here, something I believe you will recognize {if my interpretation is correct}. It not only point to the 'father/daughter' relationship but also seems to point to possible patterns in relationships with men in the present day {and throughout your adult life}.

As for the other dream about trying to better attache legs to a skeleton. That may involve the repression of past experiences, the unconscious attempting {partly through your dreams} to 'attach' those past and repressed experiences to present day conscious acknowledgement. Only after you have confronted these past 'ghosts' can there be a start of the healing process. The therapeutic function of dreams is to help you realize these repressed experiences so to be able to start that conscious healing process.

As to your statement:
i grew up in a Mexican catholic household. Although I no longer consider myself catholic, (more of a spiritual seeker, open to all religions as the many masks of God) la Virgen de Guadalupe does resonate with me as part of my cultural and family (personal) tradition.

We have something in common along those 'religious' experiences. I grew up in the Christian religion Jesus as an example of how to live a spiritual. ethical and moral life. But so do I with the 'Buddha', the same spiritual representation.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present