Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vetibular Rehabilitation

I am watching something on a television. At first, absorbed, I suddenly realize that it is demonstrating a “story” that I am living. I “wake up” out of the story. I then see that I am in a meeting room. The air is comfortable, clear. I feel comfortable and easy, not in a contrived or imagined way, but just “free” and able to express and “be,” from my heart. We have just finished listening to someone speak. As I stand to get ready to take my leave, Bonnie Greenwell (author of "Energies of Transformation") asks of my previously planned attendance at an event. We speak/share as if peers. I feel very comfortably like her peer. I see that Adyashanti is here, too, listening to Bonnie and I. I tell Bonnie that I had thought I would attend that event … and then, of my intention to attend another, future scheduled event. Bonnie communicates that she too intends to be there. My attention is called to Adyashanti, and his to me. I have a deep feeling sense that they see something in me, my ability to, like they, see “truth,” to see beyond illusion. Just before I exit the meeting hall, Adyshanti is standing before me. He has asked me a question. I do not recall the question, but know that it has to do with “truth.” He stares intently into my eyes with a deep and penetrating (but so simple) stillness. I stare back into his eyes. He sees that I at first do not “get it.” The answer. He re-engages his gazing into my eyes, deeply. I return the gaze. There is nothing there. No thoughts, no feelings, no impressions. I do not see, or do not have, any thoughts, feelings or impressions, as I look into his eyes.

I titled this dream, “Vestibular Rehabilitation,” as those words were on my mind as I woke from the dream. I studied this subject in class in the past week. It feels fitting as the vestibular system has to do with one’s hearing and sense of balance, and my greatest thought about this dream is that it is asking me to see and know my truths - and my deepest truth. It was a part of my contemplation before going to sleep yesterday evening. It also presents me comfortably in the presence of two persons who have been as mentors on my path, as if these aspects of my self are encouraging my resting comfortably in this inner company of my self. It brings to mind an earlier dream that I believe I entitlted Archaic Self – where Bonnie and Adyashanti last appeared together in my dream. It was a short dream where I am before them, but feeling anxiety, as I sense a “turning back of the pages of time,” to a deep space where there is “nothing.”

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Vetibular Rehabilitation

Kristi,
I will give attention to your dream later in the day. I have to give to the 'social dragon' {work} early this Saturday morning. The dragon is always lurking.

'To live life where I can give all my attention to the dreamworld'.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Gerard,

I now better recall the quote that was shared with me. It is that one find's their "calling" at the place where the hunger of the world meet's with their great gladness... something very close to that.

And your statement below reminded me of this, this morning ... for I do feel there is a great hunger, a great (collective) need, for us to reconcile with/acknowledge/embrace our soul, which speaks to us in our dreams...from the unconscious. I actually feel it begging our attention, on a large scale.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kristi,
The dream seems to state exactly the meaning of the television, 'a “story” that I am living'. Could the narrative that follows be the aspirations about yourself, in your life? To see 'truth' is to recognize aspect about yourself. Would the ability, and perhaps a desire, in your life be to be able to 'speak' at such events as does Bonnie Greenwell? Or communicate what you have learned/possess? That is one responsibility of the hero/heroine, 'to return to the ordinary world to bestow the boon onto his fellow man'.

Often the characteristics of famous people are those the dreamer wishes for. To communicate what is in your soul, as does Bonnie and Adyashanti, sharing your purpose with others. Both deal with the spiritual.

The inability to see into Adyashanti gaze. That may suggest there is more to learn, a further path to travel. We have spoken of the time needed to realize 'inherent truths'. You possess the desire and will but the practical experience takes time.

Vestibular Rehabilitation, restoring balance. Or seeking balance. The desire to get to that personal place of bliss can produce an out-of-balance self, the desire being so great it causes confusion. I have experienced that problem myself, only having learned in recent months to balance my desire for dream work with those responsibilities of owning and running a business. That is the reason I included the statement, "To live life where I can give all my attention to the dreamworld".

The good news is that day is within sight. I am committed to taking early retirement at 62, a little more than 3 years in the future. Then I can put all my time in my dream work and not have to apologize for not being able to answer all requests at the Dream Forum.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Gerard,

I think your interpretation is exactly correct.

The aspiration/motivation to share as does Bonnie and Adyashanti is not something I can personally account for, as in my feeling it does not comes from my personal self. Even as a child (of adolescent age), I had this sense of a "bigger picture" and a need in the world for "waking up," to truth, so that our suffering may be lessened.

Then, in these later years, there have been moments where I would see this image of my self doing or being like Adyahsanti, or Bonnie - or Tolle, or Gangagi, etal. It has come recently, again. And it is not as though it is consciously directed thought, not "thought of," by my ego self. In fact, when it does and has come, sort of peering at me, I have told my self that it is just fancy, "Not me," I would say, believing it not possible to be/do of my self. Yet, it is there, and always returning.

"Doing as they," is not what was part of my contemplation the evening of the dream. It was more "being as they," following their example, in the sense that I had a whole lot of psychic energy swirling about me and needed to be in a place where I knew I was not my mind. And so, I sat for some time, and then went to sleep, just "letting it all go."

So, waking from the dream, I found it (the dream) very affirming, in a sense, as though Adyashanti (through his gaze) was trying to help me find and rest in that all accepting, "radiant emptiness" (as he calls it) where one is not identified with the mind/self.

At the same time, whether or not I should grow to be like a Bonnie or Adyashanti, I know you are right when you say that our desire to be can actually get in the way of our actual being/becoming. Our ego can co opt the impulse and turn it into what becomes as a pushing of my self - which is like an attempt to control - instead of the very allowing and being I seek.

This is something I was recently speaking about with a friend ... the paradox of needing to make effort, yet not make effort (needing to let go). Finding the balance ... the patience. Not an easy lesson to learn for a double Aries (sun and moon) - with Aquarius rising.

Balance is the effort I need to make and I feel there is a whole lot of letting go in that.

Yes, much more learning and practice (practical experience) is needed.

Thanks.

Kristi

And, "congratulations" on this! :

(((((The good news is that day is within sight. I am committed to taking early retirement at 62, a little more than 3 years in the future. Then I can put all my time in my dream work and not have to apologize for not being able to answer all requests at the Dream Forum.)))))

stats from 7-14-10 to the present