Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A 2nd Funeral?

I had a dream about my grandmother who died when I was 12. We were having another funeral for her. It was like she was unburied and the casket was open. She was positioned like she was trying to crawl out. She still had skin but it was all brown. Her fingers were really puffy. She was wearing her glasses, a royal purple suit jacket, a broach, and a ring (all of which was tarnished due to being in the ground for so long). The funeral was held at this hotel like set up her room was on the 2nd or 3rd floor, the entire building interior was tan. On the outside of each doorway was pillars with lions carved into them. My dad (this was my moms mother) commented on how there was a window broken the day before the funeral and it was unacceptable that we were to go on with it. The priest said that the window was fixed. I looked at the window and it looked fine to me. There were too huge windows with curtains tied back and the casket was in the middle. It was a huge room with a ton of people. I remember seeing my cousin and her and I cried. I saw my boss whom I was surprised was there and took a day off of work to attend my grandmothers funeral. What does this mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Cedar Rapids, IA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? NO

Re: A 2nd Funeral?

Kimberley,
Indications from the dream symbols are you are 'hiding' or repressing something about your grandmother from your past or aspects about your grandmother that you possess that are unconscious and are now showing itself to you consciously. Since the dream starts at the age 12 I would look to that period of time to help determine what it is you have 'buried' concerning your grandmother. Usually when a dream specifies an age it does reflect experiences from that age. There may have been something surrounding her death or funeral that, as a young girl, left an impression. Or if it is a quality she possessed that aspect has been buried within your psyche.

The part about your dad and the broken window. That could represent something that you 'viewed' as a 12 year old. Or as an aspect something you took with you beginning at that age. Something that a 'priest' could fix. Or something that has healed with time {priest being that higher self that becomes wiser with age}.

Your boss probably symbolizes that 'authoritative' side of your psyche {which would fit with the 'fixed' window and wise self}. The surprise at 'his' attending the funeral may suggest there is something recently that has surprised you and has brought back memories of your deceased grandmother. If you indeed possess aspects like your grandmother those aspects may be beginning to assert themselves.

Look back to when you were 12 and try to determine what it is that left an impression on you from your grandmother's funeral and/or death. Was there something that happened then that still resides in your psyche, something you have hidden away or repressed? And look at the possibility your grandmother represents something within you, qualities that she possessed that are now coming up in your own psyche/personality. What qualities did she possess that you possess? One of these two possibilities, or perhaps both, should address the meaning of the dream.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for the info Jerry! I havent had these dreams since I was 12, it was the first time I ever had this dream. She had passed away when I was 12, does that change anything?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kimberley,
You need to go back when you were 12 and see if there are any memories from that period of time that would leave an imprint. Something out of the ordinary. The other possibility I mentioned is about qualities, personality traits she possessed that you may have inherited that are now surfacing in your own personality. This may require some deep introspection to determine what that might be.

If you have not read any on Jungian psychology it may be wise to do so to help understand how dreams function. Start here and read about Jungian psyche A Simple Guide to Dreams.

gerard/Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

My mother daily says I remind her of my grandmother. I have been developing traits of her I dont realize till my mother points it out, been more often within the last few months!

Kimberley,
That could very well be ONE stimulus for your dream. Especially if your mother has recently, and often, you remind her of your grandmother.

But there is probably something more specific, deeper. Ask your mother to tell you about the death of your grandmother and about you at the age of 12. From my experience when a specific age is a part of a dream there is something about that period of time the dream is attempting to address. Those aspects may be an important part of who you are now {as being like your grandmother}. That would be your inherent traits from your grandmother, but most likely there is something deeper. Something is trying 'to crawl' out from your unconscious concerning aspects of events from the age of 12. It has not completely surfaced from your unconscious {2nd or 3rd floor, and not at the top, or yet conscious}.

Were there any 'traumatic' experiences associated with your grandmother or her death? Or from that period of time? Something 'unacceptable' that has 'been going on ' {within your unconscious that has been buried} since you were 12?

Notice how dreams will use terminology to describe aspects of your life that fit with unconscious attitudes or aspects? Such is the way of dreams.

gerard/Jerry

The only tramatic thing during that time was my grandmothers death, that was my first experience with death itself and losing someone close. And dealing with middle school at that time, but nothing sticks out besides that experience itself....maybe im not looking deep enough...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Iowa

stats from 7-14-10 to the present