Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seduced by a centaur

In my dream I was my current age. A girl was before me, some one I knew in High school but never dated. She lived down the road and took the same school bus but we rarely talked. She was cute in real life, tall with long strawberry blond hair. In the dream she was beautiful and still young (18) or so. Naked from the waist up. Her lower body was that of a red deer, hooves and all. Only two legs though, not the classic four This was not disturbing to me at all. She pulled me into an embrace and I asked her if she was trying to seduce me and she stated “I most certainly am”. I then woke up with a most wonderful feeling of contentment. I think this was a Big dream.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Seduced by a centaur

Phil,
My first response would be you are embracing some aspect of your feminine side. It may be associated with being victimized by a failure to awaken to inner realities. But because you awoke with positive feelings it may suggest you are finally confronting these realities. It may be your feminine aspects are 'seducing you' to recognize those most important qualities. Being naked from the waist up may represent exposing the higher qualities {which are feminine} within yourself. Are you a breast man? If so the higher qualities of the feminine body would be their highest quality.

But the question would be why this particular girl? There may be qualities she possessed that put the focus on her. Did she have big breasts?

Have you recently given due attention to feminine your qualities? That may be what sparked the dream, a need to give more attention to those feminine qualities. Your statement about being a 'big' dream would fit with such realizations.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Gerry,
Not really a breast man. I think it was her qualities.
She was kind of aloof, unattainable in real life. Her parents were wealthy and it seemed unspoken that she would attend an Ivy League school and not be dating or involved with any local boys.
I wonder about her lower half being a red deer. The red deer are only found in europe and asia minor. I discovered this after the dream.
Thanks Phil

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Phil.
If there is not an actual waking association then this would be symbolic of some aspect of your anima. If you are not familiar with this aspect of Jung's philosophy I suggest you read up on the subject and then explore the possibilities to where they fit.

gerard/Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

centaurs are first of all (for me) wounded healers, people who have an incurable emotional wound and who aleviate their pain by helping others. the help involves taking care of both natures - the human body, the heart and head of the upper torso, and the rest of the body, which is normally represented by a horse, that is, an animal representing the true nature of our instincts, emotions, feelings, our "inner" wisdom, the ability to "find home in the dark". substitution of a deer for a horse is of utmost interest, because it suggest total vulnerability and a certain "innocence" rather than wisdom. of course, you also have a female there, which coumpounds the archetype of innocence and vulnerability. is this what you cherish most in your heart? is this the true love missing from your life (innocent closeness without sex)? the deer's redness may refer to passion rather than geography.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 y.o., Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Thanks
I will examine this more closely. My marriage is both without sex and closeness

Phil,
Wish Fulfillment dreams aren't the staple Freud made them out to be but they do happen. The strawberry blond, someone you never dated {but perhaps wanted to} may be that girl you wish you had in your life, and not the emotionless, sexless marriage you find yourself in. What is more attractive than a strawberry blond at 18. Blonds 'have more fun' and that is what you want in a relationship.

But that is not likely to happen, a relationship with an 18 y/o {and perhaps not even what you would want in reality} you know it could't go anywhere {only two legs and not 4-4 in Jungian psyche is the number for completeness/wholeness}. There may be an association to wishful desires, purely wishful and not reality. But that doesn't stop you from thinking about it, and dreaming about it.

As for the inner feminine aspects, your anima. There may be something in play about your feminine aspects that are in conflict due to marital problems, or something related to the metaphors within this dream. There is always a second aspect to every dream, one focused on the inner self and the other on current waking life experiences. Determining which the dream is primarily addressing may take some time and examination.

But the main problem in your life, or one that is at the top, is your sexless, close-less marriage. That conflict will more than often be the focus of your dreams. Again, deep self examination may be required. Dreams deal with emotional conflicts, and you can say that is first and foremost waht dreams do, deal in emotional conflicts. What ever is happening in your life, the conflicts, the sorrows, the ups and downs {dreams probably deal more in the downs}, that is what your dreams will be about.

gerard/Jerry

Gerry,
You are right about the wishful/thinking knowing it couldn't go anywhere. I have removed myself from one such situation with a younger co-worker before anything developed. So Jungs ideas of comletenes (4) seems to have already played out.
Phil

stats from 7-14-10 to the present