Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
loosing control in driving

A girl and I were in a car in the garage of my grandmother's house (mother of my father). I was in the driving seat and the girl was beside me. The girl was kind of unknown girl to me but for a while had a feeling that she is like my uncle's sister (uncle = father's brother). I had a good and protective feeling toward the girl and the girl was obedient. My father and a few other people whom I don't recall were in the garage too. Suddenly my car moved toward them. Then it stopped just in front of them (maybe I took over its control again). I explained to them that it wasn't me. The car itself moved.

Then kind of we decided to leave the house, I had a feeling that I should take the girl to a room in another apartment and kind of take care of her (I think I had feeling that I should respect her privacy in that place. This feeling was very vague). I think I felt I am independent now that the girl and I are leaving this house while I am driving.

We left the garage, and I was driving. Suddenly I realized that my uncle (father's brother) is in the driving seat and I am between the girl and my uncle, also I found out that my grandmother (father's mother) is at back seat. (she is quite sick in reality and in my dream, my father used to take care of her since her memory became very weak). I was ashamed a little bit since I was supposed to drive not my uncle. I complained that I should drive, not you. Then my uncle said something about he should drive since I cannot do it properly. Then I found more pedals below my legs. I pushed the pedals repeatedly to stop the car or show my anger to my uncle.

The scene changed. We had reached to a place. my uncle had stopped the car and went for shopping. The girl and I were outside of the car. There were some mean people around me trying to steal my wallet or play with it. There was around 6000$ in my wallet (the same amount in reality I have in my banking account). Those people tried to annoy me by showing that they can steal my wallet (if really they wanted they could).
I became very afraid and decided to leave the place. I found the girl. There were some people around her (maybe she was talking or something). I asked her to come with me to the car to leave and she was obedient. I saw my uncle still was shopping I didn't care about him (we didn't have time to ask him to come)

One more thing: Because of my childhood, somehow I recognize my grandmother's house (grandmother = mother of my father) as the place I could visit my father. When I was child my mother died and I lived with my mother's family. Whenever my father wanted to visit me he took me to his mother's place.

I am familiar with Jungian dream interpretation, and have some ideas about this dream but there are a few thing that I don't get. Please help.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: loosing control in driving

I made mistake.

The girl was like the younger sister of my uncle's wife.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: loosing control in driving

Two possibilities to this dream. One would involve actual relationships with the feminine sex. The other would be an aspect of your own psyche. I'll address the later first since it does seem to be a good possibility.

The unknown girl is most likely an unrealized or under utilized feminine aspect that you tend to have control {you are in the driver's seat} over without knowing it. Because the story begins at your grandmother's house may suggest this feminine aspect is one of wisdom. There may be a conflict involved of being too masculine {father and uncle} and ignoring these vital feminine qualities. You need to move back towards this aspect, your masculine self taking control when it is better to use the feminine qualities.

You probably have not given due diligence {respect} to this feminine quality. It is most likely a quality you have used in the past but tend to keep isolated {apartment} for one reason or another. This aspect is liberating, probably against over used masculine qualities that take control at various times.

This feminine aspect is caught between masculine qualities, the wiser self being relegated to the back of your mind {controlling masculine qualities taking over your wiser self}. There is a possibility you may totally begin to ignore these feminine qualities {very sick grandmother} and begin to turn to masculine traits. There may be anger involved, more often thought of as a masculine trait. This masculine trait may be taking control and it is producing inner conflict.

The masculine self is looking for something that is beyond its bounds {the needed feminine qualities}. The mean people would represent aspects of yourself, aspects that threaten to steal those good qualities {values-wallet}. The number six often symbolizes the better qualities of the mental being {how you think}. This negative masculine aspect can take over whenever it wishes {if really they wanted they could}. Deep down you value this feminine aspect and would choose it if not for the overpowering masculine urges.

The fact you recognize your grandmother's house as the place you meet your father may be saying something about you and who you are today. The choices between masculine self and those valuable feminine aspects may have begun with those childhood experiences. I am one believe dreams do point to the roots of characteristics and personality. Your over charged masculine identity that takes control of the feminine may have its roots during childhood.

What would those masculine aspects be in your life that have the power to take charge and overpower vital feminine qualities? Anger perhaps? Have you recently begun to show more anger in your life where it used not be? Or some other masculine aspect that tends to take control now and then, but threatens to take total control.

As for the second possibility, an actual relationship with a female. Insert named female where I used the term feminine and see if that fits. The dream could be addressing both possibilities with the lesser being an actual female. That would mean masculine aspects, such as anger, may be partially directed at women in your life but the primary focus of the dream would be the uncontrolled masculine aspects.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present