Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two men

Last week I had a horrible nightmare and could not post it on here cause I forgot my password; but thanks to Gerard he saw my message and sent it to me Pronto. Thank you Gerard!
Okay, last week I had this dream where I was walking in the city by myself, just window shopping. I had stopped by this little coffee cafe place outside for a coffee and sandwich. When I was done, I figured that I would stop in Macy's (love that store) after I got out of Macy's, I looked at my watch and feeling a little fatigued I thought I would head back to my car and go home. As I was walking along, these two men approached me (in their early forties I would say)...one was real pale..."ghostly like" and the other was darker skin..but really scary looking. The darker guy looked at me and said, "see you in hell" When I awoke from this dream I was shaking terribly. Did this happen to me because just recently I have been talking about buying a new bible? I have an old King James one but want to get either a N.I.V. or a NKJ one....I don't know what to think about this dream and what it means??????

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Flushing New York

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Two men

Connie,
My sense is the dream has two possibilities and is addressing masculine aspects or attitudes. It may be directed toward inner masculine aspects, your animus and/or possible relationship with men/man in your life.

The first possibility may have to do with inner aspects. Since you have thought about buying a new bible {outwardly that would be 'buying' a new relationship that fits with your spiritual self} perhaps there are aspects of the spiritual self that are in conflict. There could be elements having to do with your heart attack, your own 'ghostly' appearance and an unconscious fear {scary man} focused on that health issue {it is common thinking that it is men who have heart attacks}.

The second aspect {with men in your life} becomes a possibility with the two different men in your dream. One is very pale, possibly referring to something that is not very visible or visible {ghost like} in your life {as in a perfect relationship}. The darker skinned guy may represent unconscious aspects. Perhaps deep down you feel your marriage isn't as strong as you would like.

The shopping part of the dream may be addressing 'shopping' for a better relationship, either with yourself {health wise} or outer relationships. In the dream your 'total' self {city} is alone and you are window shopping. You go outside, your outward life, for nourishment {coffee and sandwich}. Macy's may represent that aspect you love most, or perhaps an ideal relationship with your husband or yourself. You are fatigued from searching {shopping}. Could this be fatigue in real life? The scary guy may be how life may look being in your relationship, or with health issues, or spiritual issues related to mortality. The ghostly guy may represent not having had that relationship you seek, which ever the aspect the dream is trying to focus your attention on. Are you in a relationship that could be compared to 'hell'? Or is it more about the 'hell' you are afraid of because of the health scare?

Look the above possibilities and see if either, or both fit. Let me know your conclusions and perhaps we will be able to see more of what there is to do to rid yourself of this 'ghost'.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you for your reply Gerard. No, I am not married at this time. I have a b/f that wants to get married but I can't really say that he is all that I want. He is a *whiner* and hates everyone in this building. Why and what, I don't know. He screams at people the way they drive around here. He treats me okay but embarasses me by the way he acts when we go out. One time in the grocery store he did not like that this man was standing in the way when he went to pack his groceries and did say excuse me but the guy gave him a dirty look and that was that!!! He started yelling, "I am going to knock you out" well, I was so embarassed cause everyone turned around in the store and I felt like running the hell out. Time will tell what happens with me and him cause I have told him already that I do not like the way he acts when we go out. One time he yelled in my son's home talking about the people that live over here in this neighborhood and my son and daughter just gave me a look...like Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I do not get invited over my son's anymore unless I drive myself over there and because I had a heart attack in July, the dr. does not want me to drive that far now..so I am damned if I do and damned if I don't.......

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Connie,
The two different men in your dream. Could they represent your actual 'whining' bf vs the guy you really wish for in your life? You are window shopping in your dream. Perhaps that is what you are shopping for, that perfect man. Or something better than what you have.

But there does seem to be deeper elements the dream is trying to convey. That would probably have to do with inner attitudes. The darker skinned guy, possibly unconscious attitudes you possess, perhaps about men in general due to past relationships. I do keep your age in mind when looking at this dream since your experiences in life are more abundant that someone younger. That may qualify you as having deeper seeded issues over a longer period of time which could have had an influence on you attitudes in later life. The hell you spoke of wouldn't be the hell from the bible but a literal hell on earth from past experiences in your life. Perhaps the relationship with your bf is the hell in question.

A matter of masculine relationships perhaps?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you very much for your interpretation Gerard. I am going to take each day at a time and I have already spoken to him that if he is going to embarass me when we go out...then I am not going anywhere with him. He has to learn how to act the proper way.
I know myself that I am my own worst enemy and do somehow get involved with people that maybe I feel
sorry for. Just like the bully out in Massachusetts..but he was abusive to me. This b/f has never been abusive to me..he just gets angered too quick with strangers....

stats from 7-14-10 to the present