Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Grail in a box

My partner and I are trying to get into a box-puzzle (had been watching Amazing Race, theme could be gathered from there). To unlock the box you have to undo all the latches in the right order. Inside is the Holy Grail, but the focus was not on the grail itself, but a vision of the water within it. There was only a trickle of water, but this was joined by a sense of unlocking the ‘fountain of youth’, or eternal water, that would last for eternity.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Holy Grail in a box

Hi, Rook,

What emotions were attached to your dream? Was your partner male or female? Of what characteristics?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Julie

The partner is my real life partner (female - I guess you have to specify that these days).

The emotions were kind of wonder I suppose, and in the act of opening the case there was urgency, but also a sense of care taken to do it correctly.

Cheers,
Rook

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Dear Rook,
This is a dream of dreams, the envy of those who strive for such an experience through eons of spiritual development.

The Holy Grail is THE HOLY GRAIL, that is, all that you need to be happy, fulfilled, accomplished, to make your mark on this earth, to live a life of value to yourself and others. Finding it in a “box” means that this is a “gift” – a talent of sorts, something to be unravelled and “taken out”. The fact that there is WATER in it means that this joy of life is of a spiritual, subconscious type. It may be the love you feel in your heart, love for a person or for something – or some other emotional state capable of filling your life with joy and ultimate rewards.

I hope you will be able to drink of this “fountain of youth” without inflating your ego or allowing the sense of superiority to creep in – this would lewad to total destruction and loss of the magic gift.

Gertrude

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 y.o., Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Rook,
Boxes have four sides and the number four in Jungian psyche is the number for wholeness, balance and harmony. This box that holds the Holy Grail may be speaking to two aspects in your life. The first would be that inner Grail which, as Gertrude points out, would be spiritual or even creative. The other aspect may be in the relationship with your partner. Since she is with you in the dream she could represent herself {as well as your own feminine self}. The relationship may be seeking harmony and balance.

The trickle of water may suggest this is less an unconscious attitude and more consciously aware aspects about yourself and or relationships. Water in a box, the box being your balanced self {or desired self} would be unconscious attitudes. And since the focus is not on the Grail but the vision within, this may suggest the dream is primarily focused on relationships. Of course the 'vision within it' could represent your own vision, of self and relationships. The trickle of water could represent a trickle of emotions that are slowly showing itself.

Watching the Amazing Race could be the stimulus for using a box in your dream. But most likely associations end there. I would look to inner aspects of spiritual/creative and the relationship with your partner. In the later you may wish to look at recent experiences with her and determine if there have ben discussions, or even disagreements, about the relationship. A shared idea of a more balanced and harmonious relationship, with her and within yourself.

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Thanks for all your opinions on this dream. I feel it works on multiple levels.

Perhaps if my partner and I work together we can unlock the 'well-balanced' box and unlock the 'holy grail' of emotion. I feel there is perhaps holding back on both sides, and we definately have a ways to go in learning how to work together. I am hoping that this will develop over time.

In my personal quest perhaps it is also a symbol of hope and purpose, that the spiritual side of life also has a reward, and that there is a purpose behind unlocking all the latches (a process I am working on, and from the looks of it is something that is a continual life long process).

Thanks for your input!

Rook

stats from 7-14-10 to the present