Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
burnt out and flooded corn crop

In communist Poland the regime proclaimed that it would be a good idea to maker people grow corn. People who settled there never knew anything about corn, or even about agriculture, they were resettled there from other places and ways of life, to populate a desolated devastated by war area. My mother was a single mother of several small children and had to pull a plough with her won body for the crop. She sowed the field because such was the order. The soil was pathetically barren, a post-diluvial silicon grey sand, pine forest and blackberries the only crop sustainable (last glacier past by only ten thousand years ago). There was no money for fertilizers. There was no water (for personal use we had a well that could barely provide water for cooking and washing). All watering would have to have been done by bucket – but my mother had to have 3 jobs to feed several small kids, so she would have to water the fields at night – if there was any light, only by moonlight. But she complied with the directives. The corn that grew had puny useless “heads” --- Polish people never had any idea how to use it. Some people said it could be good for horses – but they did not want it either. It was such a total waste – typical of the “great” communist ideas. I was about ten or twelve then and full of hate and rejection.
Gertrude

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 y.o., Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: burnt out and flooded corn crop

Gertrude,
Could the previous dream post be about personal growth issues? Growing corn in an atmosphere where such growth is not known {consciously}. And the communist country may be about repression of inner qualities having to do with personal growth. The area devastated by war may represent inner conflicts that have devastated your life. Could there be repressed issues related to childhood that need to be addressed? Basic personality traits begin in childhood and if there are traumatic experiences like yours from childhood then there could be imprinted traits that are unconscious in adulthood. Aggressive behavior is not by chance but is related to emotional issues somewhere in your life. The previous dream post may be addressing your own behavior due to the 'aggressive' life style you were brought up in. Is there a problem with temper or your own aggressive behavior?

gerard/Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

The mood of the dream is positive, as if something that was useless and unnatural was finally reduced to ashes, or rather black stems. The black standing stems are a “residue of the day” because they looked in the dream like the pictures of black burn trees from recent Australian fires in which hundreds of people perished and about ten thousand homes were reduced to ashes. Then there is the flood, now reeded, which quenched the fire. The bareness of the soil, which is just ashen post-diluvial silicon may represent my old consciousness of the times of regime, country, nation, and family abuse, but these burnt fields (which are in the dream so many and huge, in reality were small and only two in this specific area surrounded by houses on the left and north, towards where I am travelling. It was there and at that time that my personality adapted to violence via rebellion and anger, which I have learnt to heal and lay to rest in peace in recent times.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 y.o., Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Gertrude,
Although your dreams are addressing present day life experiences associated with real events, I don't think this dream is doing only that. I sense a more of an inward approach to the dream, all your dreams. Is your analyze of this dream, and your other dreams, a concrete approach, the thought you have figured these out what your dreams mean? I have to question that proposition if it is true.

The day I think I know what all my dreams are about is the day I need to begin anew in examining how dreams function.

Jerry [pray}

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present