Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prophet, Mother and Lights

Myself, a man of my own age, and my mother, approach a man sitting in a chair. I recognize him to be Edgar Cayce, the sleeping prophet. We approach the prophet as if in a line, one after the other, first the man, then me, followed by my mother. The prophet asks the man, “Do you want to hear what they have to say for you?” The man responds affirmatively and then steps off to the side. The prophet asks me the same question. I also respond that I would like to hear the message the prophet has for me, and then stand to the side. As my mother stands before the prophet (he does not ask my mother the same question), I see images of light/lights. I have an impression that the man with me could not see these lights as well, that he was aware of only small luminescence’s of light, but I am aware of many lights, of a golden-orange color, and one orb of light, specifically, that is growing very large.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Prophet, Mother and Lights

I recorded and posted this dream rather quickly, before leaving for work the other morning. As I looked more at it today, I cannot say that the appearance of the lights was as I described them. It may not have been a matter of the man not being able to see them as well as I did. I find that when my dream ego/intellect intercedes for understanding, it often confuses the message... The man goes before Cayce, then myself, and then my mother. When I see the lights, it is as though the man and I become one, like, perhaps, the man and I become the message that Cayce delivers.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kristi,
In line approaching an aspect of the sleeping masculine self. Perhaps this part of you, masculine, is ready to accept that 'mystical' part of the psyche, or more fittingly the wise feminine Self, as the divine path to a balanced psyche. The 'mother' is not asked a question, she already knows. The masculine, and the developing feminine {outer self} needs guidance. It is the masculine aspect that is lacking insights. The feminine sees.

This could also apply to some waking experience in your life. But the inner self would seem to be the primary focus of the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

Thank you. That is very helpful. I do think it applies to my current, overall life experience, consistent with the changes/healing I am going through. It is very much as if the furniture(if you will) of my psyche is being rearranged. I have been, and did, specifically on the evening of this dream, pray for divine guidance. I like that you mentioned approaching the 'sleeping masculine self,' for what I thought insightful about this image of Cayce is that he was awake, sitting in a chair, ready to greet us, not laying in trance/sleep, as did the Cayce in actual life when providing guidance for others. So, I think it is showing the connection to feminine wisdom as being already awake, ready to recieve. My prayers were specifically directed to the divine feminine. Guidance is very much needed now in my life. I like that the man with me was asked first if he wanted help and that he (and I both) responded affirmatively - openness/willingness/receptivity.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present