Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dream interpretation

Here is my current dream (actually 3-4 dreams on the same night, that may be related to each other, so I'll show them all, but I'm most interested in an interpretation of the FIRST one [or two: there were two almost identical ones about gas leaking]):

3/16/09 - Title: "Can't Stop the Gas Leak"

1. (Two separate dreams in each of which) I am fiddling frantically with a tiny copper-colored complex natural gas apparatus that is leaking. If I press on it in precisely the right way, the gas leaking stops, but this "fix" is not permanent. It depends on my keeping my left hand or a left hand finger on it just so. If I try to leave to go get a tool or tape or help, the leaking resumes with a hissing and a tell-tale odor of natural gas.* I realize there must be a cut-off valve but not where it is. At any moment, the gas accumulation could get to be enough that I would pass out or that, lit by a pilot light perhaps, it might explode.

After each nightmare, I wake up thinking (naively) that I know what the dream means, but then all I recall of this "solution" is that there is a cut-off valve in the house and that, once it is turned, I have time to get help, perhaps from a professional handyman.

*I know that natural gas is odorless except that, for home use and safety reasons, it is mixed with a little of another gas that one can easily smell when it is leaking. This dream gas has that characteristic odor.

2. Title: "Big Cleanup Needed After Stepping in Doo-doo!"

I have stepped in some bright brown, almost orange, reddish brown, or copper colored shit, human feces I believe, and from the bottom of my shoe some of it has also been transferred to the carpet. I am concerned about cleaning it up, but after careful efforts I notice there is still some more that I had missed, tracked onto the carpet in another place. Meanwhile, even where I had wiped it up already, there is some disgusting residual fecal material and the shitty smell left. The carpet will require a more thorough and deeper washing or spot or steam cleaning to really be free of the crap I have tracked in, and my soiled shoe also will have to be more thoroughly scrubbed and washed.

3. Title: "No Escape from the Swamp and Its Serpents' Strikes"

I am on a wide bed that is like a floating island. But it is slowly sinking into a swamp where there are many poisonous snakes. Some of the reptiles are active and coming into the area right below the edge of the bed. It is only a matter of time before the snakes either slither up onto the bed with me or the bed itself settles down into and under the surface of the swamp. Either way, I shall have to deal with the serpents. There is no apparent way to escape. The snakes must surely kill me. I do not have much time left.

Might I have an interpretation of that gas leaking dream? Here are the associations I have about it: gas flow might be about life force that I am afraid is leaking away as I get closer to death. Could also be unconcious energy or feelings I am trying to suppress and afraid I may "blow up" in anger if I do not keep suppressing them. Hissing and copper reminds me of copperhead snakes, which again makes me think of suppressed feelings I am afraid may strike.

Any other ideas?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 65

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: dream interpretation

Larry,
Your statement, "all I recall of this "solution" is that there is a cut-off valve in the house and that, once it is turned, I have time to get help, perhaps from a professional handyman".
If you will look at the house as being you then perhaps the statement will make sense. What 'valve' is there within you that can be turned that will stop the 'leak'? What is it in your life that is leaking out but does not provide a permanent fix? Could it be unconscious stimuli that has not been fully realized or recognized? It has the possibility of exploding. Could that describe your own conscious self, the unconscious contents holding something that has the ability to make you explode emotionally? What is your life about, what experiences in life are there that have the ability to cause such emotional 'explosion'?

The second dream also seems to be addressing something 'within' that needs cleaning up. But with all the efforts there are still residue. That may suggest you have yet to confront or realize the actual experiences in your life that has caused all the 'crap' in your emotional life. Carpets are what cover the basic foundations {floor} of who you are. Although you scrub and wash the carpet you still have yet to remove the 'dirty' contents.

The last dream seems to suggest you are on the verge of 'sinking' deeper into some emotional swamp where there is no way out. Or at least it seems there is no way out.

Do you have a fixation or fear of death? That could be part of the dreams intent. But there seems to be deeper emotional aspects that need to be addressed before you 'explode' emotionally. Have you examined your life to determine what those emotional experiences may relate to in the present time? The anger from youth, has that been examined and put in its proper place? The childhood fear of snakes would be a stimulus for their use in your dreams. But they would most likely represent something else also, some other fear you have. What suppressed feelings are there? The first two dreams seem to be pointing to those feelings.

Finally. Are you familiar with Jungian psyche? If not i suggest you read some of the pages I have created at Myths-Dreams-Symbols, starting with this page A Simple Guide to Dreams.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present