Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm getting warmer...

And I feel good about this!
The last few nights dreams have had a masculine/feminine theme...so as I had written in my last post, I believe that's the golden nugget that needs cracking.
My dream:

Faith Hill has just given birth, to a boy. She is happy but when she sees him, hides her face under the covers. I am holding the baby, and he roots for me, but not being the Mother to breastfeed, I hand him to her.
I am still married to my ex in this next fragment. I look out the backyard, the grass is thick and in need of a cut. My husband has hired lesbians to cut the grass. I say, 'why would he do that? I can cut it myself!'. And the dream ends.

Thank you for any insights,
M

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44 / PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: I'm getting warmer...

Maureen,
You may have come upon the answer to the dream in your original assessment; masculine/feminine themes. Some new masculine aspect has been born {figuratively speaking}. But you do not want to 'face' it. There is a perception you are unable to 'feed' this new masculine identity.

Backyards are often symbolic of 'what is in the back of your mind'. Was part of the problem with your relationship with your ex he felt you were incapable of doing things on your own? Or possibly you felt that way? Lesbians could represent the strong masculine in a female. You are capable of doing those things he/you though as being incapable of doing. The grass would represent personal growth. It is you who controls such growth. Is/was there a question whether you do control your own destiny?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thank you, Jerry.
I have had to lean more on the masculine traits since being on my own and having no family around. This does make me uncomfortable in myself at times. I struggle with asking for help - and then struggle with being too independent. I've been told I'm too independent.
The masculine/feminine I've been wrestling with for a while - I can't do damsel in distress well because life just isn't allowing it, but because I am tired, would really love to swooped up, so to speak. How to balance, or at least be somewhat Ok with where I'm at, is my tug of war.

Thanks again...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44, Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Maureen,
That does seem to be the plot of this dream, the conflict of masculine and feminine. The secret is to find a balance, one you are comfortable with and works in your life. Merely by recognizing this imbalance is a big step. Now to find that balance.

Jerry {meditate]

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present