Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
leaving my body behind

My husband and I are going to leave town. We seem to be leaving permanently, as if we are moving to a new place and don't want anyone to know about it. My husband says we have to leave my body behind as a decoy. "But it will stink," I say. I agree to do it, but as time to carry out the plan comes close, I don't like it. I don't feel right about it. I feel like I'm being deceitful. I don't want to do it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: leaving my body behind

Hi Harriet

My impressions from this dream is that you and your husband are going to a 'new place' in your relationship, something secret that you don't share with those outside yourselves. ie something deeply personal.

It sounds like this change is something you don't feel comfortable with, but agreed to perhaps for his benefit.

Is there something that has recently changed within your personal relationship with your husband that you feel has left your body (and perhaps its needs) behind, and is keeping you from being true to yourself?

Cheers,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Harriet,

I have not scanned the Forum to see if you have posted other dream that may be relevant so this is a one off so to speak.

As you may know dreams usually can be interpreted on many levels.

Leaving town - in the dream did you know where you were leaving ?
The theme of the dream seems to be leaving , , , something.

It could be that this dream is revealing the true nature of out existence - that the body is just a decoy, for the real action.

The other theme of the dream is deceit - so it might be worth reflecting on what 'stinks' in your life, that you don't want anyone to know about, that you would prefer to just leave , , , any clues in that for you?

all the best
Justin

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Hong Kong

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Great to see Justin return to the Forum. An experienced interpreter and with tremendous insights. We are fortunate to have such great people give of their talents. You can count on competent advice from a 'Jungian' mind when Justin provides his thoughts to a post.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Rook and Justin,

Thanks for the suggestions about my dream. They are helpful to me. I don't think it was leaving town that I felt uncomfortable with so much as it was having the leave my body as a decoy. The town we were leaving in the dream was unclear, but it reminded me of a place we used to live many years ago. I will reflect on the question of what stinks in my life. And I wonder if it is relevant that I didn't want to leave it behind, to stink. And also, that my concern was that it was going to stink and be noticed-- rather than that I wouldn't have my body with me in my new home. Harriett

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Hi Harriet,

thanks for your response

yes Reflection is one of the most powerful tools to access the meaning of our dream; gentle reflection.

There is another theme in your dream, and that is change / transition.

all the best
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Hong Kong

stats from 7-14-10 to the present