Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Braces

I am sitting with a friend, it feels like a school environment. She is sitting by a window, and the sun is shining on her, in a nice, warming way. I notice she has braces - and she is an older woman - and is a bit self conscious about them. I am encouraging her, in a happy positive way, attempting to make her feel Ok with herself and the braces.

I woke up feeling happy after the dream.

Thank you for any thoughts!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44, Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Braces

Maureen,
A simple dream on the surface it would seem. But let me look at it in the morning before giving my interpretation.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Maureen,
Sitting with a friend in a school environment. That may suggest you are 'learning' or realizing something about yourself {unknown persons in a dream usually represent some other aspect of the dreamer}. Windows offer a view within, or without. There is an acceptance of what is being seen. But there are also the braces, and the older woman. Encouraging, in a positive way, to accept who she is, even with the braces.

I heard the other day on the radio, and have read the same several times prior, that the most common dream is about teeth falling out {that is not the case at the Dream Forum}. Often such dreams are about appearances, how one looks. Could this dream be addressing, in a positive way, how you feel, and have come to accept who you are as you grow older? Braces help support the teeth. Could your dream braces be supporting this view? At mid-life such issues are often a part of our thinking, and dreams.

As for what dreams have been most common at the Dream Forum. Those about houses and vehicles. Not surprising since there is a fascination on having one of each, especially the way we identify with the vehicles we drive. And of course the house is the dreamer.
Few teeth dreams though.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Maureen

some thoughts -
* the braces : being self conscious about changing something , , , that may have been thought or viewed as permanent of fixed

* braces - cause changes by applying constant pressure , , , and there is some pain too

So what's changing , , ,

JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Hong Kong

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present