Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
supper on the ceiling

First I'm in my home office. My son, Adam, at the age of about 2-3, crawls around and throws everything on the floor, creating a huge mess. I can't get any work done. Then, I'm in the kitchen cooking supper at the stove. I look in the pot and don't know where most of the food went. I look up and see it hanging to the ceiling. I see cubed potatoes. It's some sort of stew. I know that some strong force must have done this-- like an exploding pressure cooker. But I didn't see or hear it happen. This dream takes place in my house as it is now but my son is younger than he was when we moved to this house.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: supper on the ceiling

Harriet,
Perhaps if we look at the 'pot' as your life we may begin to understand the intent of your dream. The food may be your 'mental' energy {or even physical} and the ceiling would be the thinking aspect {brain}. You are looking for balance in your life {cubed potatoes} within the 'stew' {all the emotions} but there are such pressures it threatens to explode. You may feel, or have felt, your life has been much like a pressure cooker.

AS for your son being at an earlier age. Could that have a time when such pressures began? I see this dream as reflecting on your life, your past with an attempt to find balance in your current life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Wow, It's interesting that you had the thought of not knowing how the food got there.
I have had several dreams the past two months in which my daughter, now 15, is about 3 or so in many of my dreams. Jerry mentioned reflecting back on your life, maybe I'm doing some of that too.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Houston

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Thanks for your interpretations of my dream. I also wonder if it is trying to tell me that I'm neglecting the more mundane cooking. Then I can't get the nourishment from it because it's up on the ceiling, and it's not going to do me any good up there. But "up on the ceiling" is where I tend to live (in my head?).

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Chambersburg, PA

Harriet,
"This dream takes place in my house as it is now but my son is younger than he was when we moved to this house". Your house as it is now. The house is you, as you are now. "My son was younger than when he was when he moved to his house. His house could represent the relationship with your son, as it was before he moved. Are there unresolved issues pertaining to some experience involving your son?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I'm not sure about any unresolved issues with my son. I'll have to consider this some more. The big issue in the dream seemed to be that his play was getting in the way of my work. Harriett

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Chambersburg, PA

Harriet,
If there are not any conflicts with your son, look at that time frame and determine if there were any emotional conflicts of any type.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

stats from 7-14-10 to the present