Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dead and falling tree

I am standing in the area between my house (a place I lived over 20 years ago) and the church next door. There is a huge tree in this space, and it is the live oak tree that was beside my grandparents' house( 700 miles away from here) when I was a child. As I am standing under the tree with some other people (my husband is the only one I recognize), the huge tree begins to break apart. Huge limbs are falling. We all manage to dodge the falling limbs and escape danger, but the tree completely breaks apart until there is nothing left of it. I realize that the tree was completely dead but that I didn't know it, and apparently the others didn't know it either.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Chambersburg, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: dead and falling tree

Harriet,
We seem to have a pattern in this dream and the previous dream you posted about the past. "This dream takes place in my house as it is now but my son is younger than he was when we moved to this house" dream statement from your supper on the ceiling seems to be focused on when your son was younger. This dream begins with your house, "a place I lived over 20 years ago".

The huge oak tree. That also could be you, or some part of you. And it died. What broke apart 20 years ago? Although you avoided the danger {perhaps something about the relationship with your husband, the only person that is recognized in the dream} the tree {you} completely breaks apart until there is nothing left. The 'nothing left' would be metaphorical but could represent some part of you where there was nothing left. Were there difficulties in your marriage at this time and you did not realize the full consequences?

Upon reflection in the present time you may now realize things you did not realize then. When did your son move away from 'your' house to his own house? Was it the same time frame?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi, Jerry,

Yes, I did feel that the tree in the dream was me. Or the Self. However, I neglected to mention something important about the dream. Although the setting was the place I lived over twenty years ago, in the dream I had moved back to that place. So, the time period of the dream is now rather than in the past. This is actually part of a recurring dream, that I have to move back even though I don't want to move back there. In the recurring dream, I have to move there because of my husband's job. This is the first time the tree has ever appeared as part of the recurring dream. Almost all of the previous versions of this dream were about redecorating the house I had to move back to. But in this dream, the house didn't play any part. Harriett

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Chambersburg, PA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

Harriet,
Moving back into the place you lived twenty years ago may suggest you are 'going back' to that period of time. Any emotional attachments from then may still be an issue today. A part of you that 'died' may have associations to the past.

You were standing between that place {house} and the church next door. Could there be some emotional experiences that may have separated you from a spiritual connection? Or the church may symbolize a 'value' system.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present