Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
being a child and playing with my lover

A few years ago I met a man who I fell in love with and I had never felt this way before about anyone. It has been a big thing for me because it really is a soul thing and we both feel this way. Anyway, I had a dream last night. I was in a field of flowers, like wild flowers all differnt colors and I was a little girl, I was around 7 years or so. I knew I had been a woman and was now a girl again so I lifted my dress and looked at my underwear and they were some that I wore when I was about that age that said Wednesday with purple flowers on them. Then I looked up and saw my love and he was a little boy. He looked like I would think that he would have. He was so unsure and then we started to play in the dirt under a huge tree and he was happy and comfortable and I knew the sun would not go down until we asked it to. We laughed and ran around under the tree for a long time. I gave him a stone that I had found and he said "thank you so much!" and had such a sweet look on his face. It was so magical to me in the dream. In the morning when I woke up, I just cried and cried every time I thought about the dream. I was not sad but I do feel a sense of loss a little but also thankful.
Any thoughts? This is a big one for me I think.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 35

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: being a child and playing with my lover

Holly,
This may take some explaining to give a good explanation to the dream but I will do my best to articulate what I see in the dream.

From my experience in working with dreams at the Dream Forum anytime a dream focuses on an earlier age stage of life it is doing so to brig attention to that particular age. Often it involves conflicting experiences, more often negative experiences. But your dream may be saying something a bit different, addressing something positive that grew out of a negative.

Dreams reflect the true self, at the time you have the dream. Since your dream starts out in a field of wild flowers I see a positive tone to the dream {flowers are often symbolic of perfection, in touch with nature, and your own positive self}. This would reflect a positive tone in your waking life,as a child and 'NOW' as an adult {probably due to the wonderful man in your life now}. My sense is you spent a great part of your life without such a wonderful person and even though your childhood was at worse normal and most likely a good childhood, a good part of your adulthood was not as positive {until you met this man}. The little girl and the little boy in the dream would both reflect aspects of your psyche, going back to the good life as a child and bringing that peaceful time forward to the present day. The boy being unsure is probably reflecting those instances when you were unsure about relationships with men in general. The playful self is resurrected with the new love in your life. There is now much fuel for personal growth in this relationship as well as your life {huge tree}. The sun will not go down on this relationship. This relationship is cast in 'stone', has strength to survive the 'ages'.

Overall I see a positive note of good possibilities within your psyche from this dream. Pointing to your childhood is in some way pointing to what transpired at that particular age {it could have been negative} but the positive aspects seem to a part of that time frame as well as in the present day. You are once again the playful child, able to be carefree in your present day life, comfortable with life as it is and as it was as a child. Childhoods are supposed to be 'magical' and if you are lucky so to the adult life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present