Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sole

I am looking at the sole of my foot, as if washing or inspecting it. At first, I think it is stained, or dirty, but then realize that it is neither stained nor dirty (per se), but weathered and leathered. It is a foot that has walked (as if bare foot) much, and while toughened and thickened, it is not calloused, but supple, healthy and strong.

I had this dream last night, though I did not recall it until showering this morning, when washing the bottom of my left foot (which is the one seen in the dream). Then, the memory came to me, as if re-experiencing the dream symbol, minus the actual appearance of my foot as in the dream, but the sensation, or sense, of eternal durability, was clear.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Sole

Kristi,
I see your dream as depicting your life, the grounding or foundations {foot} that makes your life what it is. And strangely as it may seem it is directly addressing the soul {sole}, that real person that you are.

Who is that person? "It is a foot that has walked (as if bare foot) much, and while toughened and thickened, it is not calloused, but supple, healthy and strong."

Does this sum up who you are after 43 years of life on earth?

Such offerings in dreams often appear in that mid-life stage.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry,

My first thought actually was of soul, my soul.

There was a dream a few years ago when I was doing deep work (not that I do not continue to do), that showed me as if an adolescent/young teenager, inspecting a wound on the sole of my foot (soul wound) that is open, deep, bleeding and tender. I go to my parents, as if to inquire about this wound, one after the other, my father and mother, but get no response ... they cannot see or comprehend the wound. I then see myself as placing a syringe into the wound, at which time I see all the way up into the visceral, internal organs of my body. It was a very difficult time period. I was processing much. In a short time, days after the dream of the bleeding wound, I dreamed myself walking on that foot. Still, it was tender, but I was making that forward movement, that progress ... and I knew I would be fine despite the psychological vicissitudes I was experiencing.

So, this dream now seems to tell/show how well so many of my childhood concerns have healed/are healing, that my foundation is now stronger, having done as much work as I have. There is much more to do, and so this is a very encouraging symbol for me.

You asked: Who is that person? "It is a foot that has walked (as if bare foot) much, and while toughened and thickened, it is not calloused, but supple, healthy and strong."

I feel it shows that despite the hardships I have encountered in life, I have emerged/am emerging not "calloused," but supple and strong ... and that this strength comes from the soul ... soul making ... embracing in healing and love the life given to us to grow from ... that out of the shakiest and darkest of beginnings, strength and endurability can emerge.

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kristi,
Thanks for the follow up. Your insights to past dreams and this dream, and the healing process you have/are experiencing demonstrates your resourcefulness in understanding your dreams and yourself.

I can see the link between childhood healing and this dream. Of course it took further insights you offered and have determined to fit to demonstrate the link. Only the dreamer can ascertain the relationships from such a short dream.

I do see a positive spin on the dream. The strength you possess from life's experiences, overcoming the negatives and making them a positive, all fit with the 'toughened and thickened, it is not calloused, but supple, healthy and strong' speech in your dream. That is indeed a positive and would denote what is true in your emotional life. Very strong indeed, and very positive.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you, Jerry. I am certainly experiencing much truly positive and deep healing right now ... and is why I have been more quiet here, recently ... as I have been moving through a lot.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present