Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Contemplation

I come out of a ancient stone structure sitting on a small flat of tableland. I sit down at a stone table area, facing the structure, to write/journal (I think). I look back into the doorway from which I have emerged. The structure is like a kiva, of sorts, cavernous. It is dark inside. There is only the natural light that enters through the doorway. Looking into the structure, I see another entryway or opening within the structure, that leads into an even darker space. That portal appears to be much less than the size of the passage I came out from. I have the feeling sense that I have seen this image, visited this space many times before, that I am being asked to enter into that deep unknown space, but I am hesitant. I then look to the lands around me, to my right, and see a very, very old elephant on the adjacent (and very near) flat of table land. The whole scene looks and feels ancient. The elephant is walking on a short stone wall at the edge of the plateau. The stone structure beneath his feet is strong and his steps are natural, sure and confident. I see the steadiness of this elephant pass back and forth on the stone ledge a couple times. At the left end of the plateau, there is an area of trees and brush. As the elephant leaves my view, moving off to the right, I see a giant emerge. His body is very tall and broad and is made (looks like he is made) of things of the earth…soil, branches, leaves, stone. He comes to that same forward edge of the tableland and there, near the trees, he folds his body into the trees and stone ledge, such that he becomes indistinguishable from the natural appearing features of the land.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: A Contemplation

This dream feels to me to be speaking of the birthing (if you will) process I am going through. It's like I go in an out of the womb, again and again. Recently, it has been very important for me to choose love, over and again ... to ask/remind myself, what would love do ... not unlike Jerry's saying, "WWJD,"-"What would Jesus Do?" I am actually needing to take a break from my inner world work, as it has sort of consumed me lately and I need to focus much more on my academic studies. So, here is the need for "discipline" showing itself, again. I do have hesitancy, and I feel that it is fear based, so things still being worked out/healed. This elephant is so old, it is as if I am seeing "Father Time" himself. I know Elephant is rich in symbology in the eastern cultures (India). The strength he stands for is certainly needed by me, now. And then, I have the spirit of the vegetative realm making itself known to me ... Green Man? What may this dream be saying as I continue to work to balance the masculine and feminine in me? Whilst also continuing to root out and release the energies of childhood issues?

Kristi

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Kristi,
I get the impression your dream elephant is addressing the 'ancient wisdom' available to you but there is a need to balance yourself between the social world and the spirit world. Because the elephant is walking with confidence I see this representing your own ability to balance these two worlds {social and spirit}.

You state in your follow up you need to focus more on your academic studies. Life does have its requirements and outside of totally casting off society {are you prepared to be a nun?} you have to give thought to what is best to accomplishing those goals you set out {academically} vs the desire to be follow that 'ancient' path of the hero/heroine. My position is you do both, until that time arrives when you are summons to cast away the social obligations. Balancing the social needs with the inner world is what the return is about in the hero cycle. Now that you have discovered the ancient secrets you must pass them along to others, but in a way that fulfills your destiny, your creative spirit. And that does require much discipline.

What are you majoring in in your studies? Is it based on making a better income or is it something that adds to the creative Self? Is it something you love doing or is it something you believe society requires of you. I get the sense it is something you feel important, my impressions from this dream. The whole of the dream does seem to speaking to a balance between the two worlds and your strength and ability to do so. In the end, after you have accomplished what you set out in your studies, or perhaps as you are engaged in those studies, you must fold the two worlds into one. That is the ultimate goal of the hero, the folding of the social being and the spirit into one, with the spirit being the guide. Before you encountered the spirit world it was the ego self that controlled. The death and resurrection is of the death of the ego and a resurrection/new birth to the spiritual/creative Self. My thoughts are the dream is stating you are doing both well, you are on course and there will be that 'folding' of two worlds into one.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry, your sense of this dream feels 'right on.' I will come back to respond more fully. Thank you.

Kristi

Jerry, after reading your input, it became clearer to me. I was seeing this borderline ledge on the very near adjacent tableland (table, what is on the "table" for me...me, I am on the table) on which the elephant walked; my sitting in contemplation with the inner world, the world of spirit, and these messengers that came to me... Yes, it is there, it is all there/here, it surely feels, but I do need to be more "in this world," to bring the two together seamlessly, as in the spirit of the Green Man who indistinguishably folded himself into the environment.

My studies are in Physical Therapy. I am a short way away from my licensure. My classroom instruction is completed. I am on my final clinical practice and have only a comprehensive and then state exam to go.

I had a dream, before this one, just about a week ago, wherein I am experiencing a fast and deep energetic dropping down, into myself, as if Spirit was filling me, "returning." Like you, I felt this dream was an affirmation, telling that I will balance all well. I can't say, for sure, that I am done with my studies, for it does feel there will be more (something), perhaps as I settle more into my new role, sew the two worlds together. I continue to feel so much inspiration, that there is so much for me to do.

And, oh, "Physical Therapy" is important to me if for no other reason than that I have been a creature who has lived most of her life in the world of spirit...and have needed to become embodied ... see the play in the title? It is as though this schooling alone, which was not my first choice, but has felt more spirit led (if you will), that it was for me as much as for the helping of others.

I can't tell you enough how much our talk here of discipline, and all, has helped me along. Thank you, Jerry.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present