Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cut down trees

Men with two log-hauling trucks bring loads of huge logs and dump them in my grandmother's driveway, behind her house. The house is as it was when I was a child, but I am an adult in the dream. The logs are so huge they must have come from sequoias. I'm wondering how we'll ever chop them up. But I don't wonder why they brought them here. I don't wonder what my grandmother could possibly use them for. I'm concerned about my car. I don't want the men to back their trucks into it. I move it as far away as I can park it, to the edge of the woods. The men say that's a good place. There's a 50's model blue-and-white station wagon parked nearby. I don't know who it could belong to. Then the scene switches and I'm inside the house, in my grandmother's den. I see a very large blue gas flame inside the heater in the den. End of dream. My grandmother was a very vicious person when I was a child. I wonder if she is my shadow in this dream and if it is saying something about my shadow destroying the Self-- cutting down the tree, cutting it into logs, and dumping it there. I don't remember feeling sad about the tree in the dream. I was totally focused on getting my car out of the way of the trucks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Cut down trees

Harriet,
I see this dream addressing foundations of who your are, perhaps influences to your personality, depicting conflicts from earlier life that may still control you as an adult. Unconsciously there is an understanding to these foundations. Consciously there is a need to 'chop' these influences up so to better understand the 'small' pieces of your earlier life that influence you in the poresent day.
The car is you. Perhaps it is addressing the exterior {ego}. But it is also addressing the inner {foundations to personality}. You want to move away from those past experiences, not wanting them to be controlling. You are at the edge of truth, 'parked' in a position to understand these past influences. What other influences were there during this period of your life.
I would look to childhood, the 1950s {that fits with your age}. You are back to those beginnings, those earliest influences that make up who you are in the present.

Look back at that period in your life and try to determine what other influences {other than your grandmother's personality} may have been building blocks to who you are now. Were there any traumatic emotional experiences that still linger?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Cut down trees

Yes, I think that the 50's station wagon points to the influence of family. Recently, I have had several dreams about being at my grandmother's house. In one dream I had left things hanging on the clothesline and needed to go back and get them after all these years. That seems to go along with what you said about going back to get what I left hanging on the line there.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 55 Pennsylvania

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present