Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snatched Baby

The Dream:

I'm lying on my bed, facedown, and under my left arm I'm holding a baby wrapped in a white blanket. I'm asleep. My bedroom door opens and an evil creepy little girl (between the ages of 5-8) comes into my room and slides the baby out from under my arm. She leaves my room and closes the door. The floor outside my room in is tile, I hear a loud THUD because she deliberately dropped the baby and as I heard her dragging the baby I thought she hurt it and I have to get up and stop her. I can't move because I am paralysed and I open my mouth to scream but my mouth is paralysed and moans come out and then I am screaming as loud as I can.

End of dream

I woke up to my scream and my throat was hoarse and raw from screaming.I was too afraid to go back to sleep. This dream was at 6 am, so I stayed awake for hours then fell asleep again.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Snatched Baby

May,
I often look at anything that is in a bed {other than sex} as an unconscious attempt to understand something about yourself. Beds are where we sleep and when we slep we always dream. The dream is the unconscious life of the dreamer, the depiction of the true self, not letting the ego self cause a bias to that true identity. Of course in the dream you are alseep and you do not awaken [in the dream}.

My sense is, and because you are at that beginning age of mid-life, the dream is addressing something central to your life. Two possibilities I see within this drama. One, it could very well be addressing childhood experiences {ages 5-8} and more specifically something that was taken away from you at that age, something emotionally. Some experience from that period of time {which is very young to remember such experiences unless they were traumatic} that left a profound impression. You were inable to express your pain {which may be due to your age at the time of the experience}.

The second possibility {but not dismissing the first as a possibility also-both could fit}. It could have to do with life experiences where something new and valuable was taken from you and because of the pain from the experience you are unable to express yourself emotionally. The 5-8 year time frame could be addressing a continuation of that pain from the original experience. In both possibilities there seems to be an inability to express yourself. In the present time that would represent an inbility to express emotions because of past experiences. A part or parts of you have been paralysed due to this experience{s}.

I sense the dream is about experiences of pain where there was something taken from you and becuase of teh pain you are unable to properly express yourself in a manner which is beneficial to proper emotional health. I always look to the age factor in such dreams {5-8} since they often are about that time period in the dreamer's life. What could there be {if anything} during that period of your life that would cause an inability to expreess emotional pain? Look to actual experienecs during that period of time. If you can't remember such experienecs {again, that si a very young age} you may want to ask your parents. There would be that unconscious element, the inability to express yourself being an unconscious attitude. Deep down in the shallows of the unconscious these experiences lurk, needing to be addressed and put into proper perspective. And there they will remain until they are completely brought up and adressed. You are alseep, unconsciously addressing these issues. But have you thoroughly addressing them while awake?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Snatched Baby

Hi Jerry,

Your interpretation is correct. First of all, the night before I had that dream, I had decided to go against my heart and I told my (then) boyfriend SK that I wanted to be friends and that I couldn't marry him. It was a huge mistake because he told me the same thing. So I ignored his calls for a day and then I let him know that what I said wasn't true. I met up with him after that and though we were still together, I saw signs that he'd probably been with other girls (I mean he left obvious things lying around in his house), and he told me again that he didn't know if he could marry me. The horrible thing is that he has hurt me and been untrustworthy, yet somehow I always get blamed. Now I've put myself in a situation where I was intimate with him after knowing we weren't exclusive and that there may probably be other women in his life and that he is no longer committed to me.

When I was five a traumatic event happened to me. My mom blamed me for it. It is at the root of my insecurites and probably I haven't recovered from it. It was a deep lose and affected my emotional development and self esteem. I only have partial memories of it, enough to hurt me. I felt alone, abandonned, horrible. Probably those emotions are so repressed inside me and breaking up with my boyfriend brought them up.

I told him about this event and other things that happened in my life and he made the connection with my dream. He was understanding about it and I explained that it was a huge reason why I was so distant with him, insecure, hurtful, defensive, and untrusting. That's true, regardless of the things he had done to hurt me, I still had issues of my own. I told him I was terrified and I still am. In the end we concluded, or he, that we'll see what will happen between us. That was what I wanted in the first place, not a committment based on words without substance. Now I feel he is really not interested in me...that he never really was...but losing him set off these horrible feelings that I already had inside.

I'm glad I had the dream although I'm not happy that my relationship was wrecked. I feel like that hurt little girl inside of me destroyed my relationship with my boyfriend out of jealousy. I think the baby in the dream represents what was developing between him and I, and the little girl represents part of me that is so hurt and so traumatised and so buried in my unconcious that she took the first chance she could to really tear apart the most important thing in my life or one of the most important things so that I could face her. But the problem is that even with counselling I've never been able to do more than surface healing. I don't know how I'll ever be able to heal this part of myself, and I've seen it wreck havoc in my life, in ways that I'm not in control of, in ways that are totally unconscious.

I'm hurt by myself, by my own actions, that sabotaged my relationship and left me feeling the original pain of what happened to me as a child all over again, but this time with the double loss of pushing my boyfriend away and losing him. To make matters worse, my ex told me horrible things that my boyfriend said about me, but I realised only too late that he was probably lying, yet he touched on some of my insecurities in my relationship with my boyfriend.

I'm sad, and the whole time that I had broken up with him, which lasted a month, I was depressed. We had only gotten back together for a week until I got scared again and told him I only wanted to be friends and not get married. That's when I had that nightmare, when I realised I lost him. I am so confused because my boyfriend really did things that made me feel crazy and insecure and panicked and brought up these really deep painful feelings, but I still don't want to lose him and when he was away it was a little bit of relief but also very distressing.

Now I feel horrible because I was intimate with him pretty much after he pretty much ended it between us and left it completely open. I'm afraid to get into another abusive relationship..that he's abusive, yet I was totally unable to let go of him and am completely incapable of helping this hurt part of me that is so deeply sabotaging my life.

Thanks Jerry, that dream really was significant.

May

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present