Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dreams about other peoples' life

Hi,
I would like to ask if anyone had dreams about other peoples' life and events that haappened to them in the past or will happen in the future or they are just happaning? I've looked for some answers but all the dictionaries conect everything with past or your own life or psyche but not with future and not with other people. I feel very lost in all those information. If someone could point me where i can find out more about that it would be great.
Thank you
Sofia

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, London

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Dreams about other peoples' life

Sofia,
I will provide an interpretation this weekend. My computer crashed and the laptop I am using works for a short time before it also malfunctions. Getting a new PC this weekend.
Thanks,
Jerry

Hi Sofia,

I think the first place to start is to interpret the dreams themselves, in the context of the dreamer.

Are asking if dreams can be premonitions of the future ?
This is known, Jung had such 'dreams'. It seems they are rare.
Certainly there are people who are intuitive (my belief is that we all are); and that there are some who are able to intuit things more accurately than others. However this is not during sleep and as such could not be called dream.

hope this helps
JC

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 50 Hong Kong

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Justin. I believe you answered as correct as possible. I know there are those people who have extra ordinary 'psyche' abilities and this may be one of those instances. But the rule of thumb that Jung has provided when working with dreams fits most cases. Dreams compensate what the dreamer already knows, if not consciously then unconsciously. The mind is a powerful 'psyche' tool. I think of it as the most powerful 'computer' ever assembled. The depths to which it can conceive psyche events is still being explored {I like to think it is a part of the process we at the Dream Forum are undertaking}. But as far as understanding the language of dreams and more often the intent of dreams {therapeutic} Jung has provided a road map to that process.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hello,

I seem to have that kind of rare dreams. I’ve dreamed about my grandparents’ dead around one week before they died. I also have dreams about another person. This person has confirmed the events I was dreaming about almost one year after I was dreaming that. That person is also unaware about my dreams. Few times I was dreaming what this person will do next day and that happened too. Those dreams are quite literal – and that is the thing which surprises me most. Another thing is that I dreamed about thing this person was planning to do. I think this person chose the wrong way but it already is too late to say anything. Besides I might be wrong – it is not a math where everything is rather obvious. I’m looking for some things that may be hidden behind some symbols that I missed. Maybe they can tell me more.

Thank you for your reply
Sofia

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 28, London

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Sofia,
Learning to trust your instincts isn't something that comes easy. Much of what we experience from such 'psyche' {I use the word psyche instead of psychic since the later often suggests something possessed by a few, and conjurs up imagery of something super natural, instead of the inherent trait of psyche intuitiveness for which we all possess to some degree} events is actually intuitive awareness. I believe nature provides certain inherent awareness to every human psyche which is capable of tapping into the natural vibes within nature, and within the framework of the individual life. When we examine closer the events that occur after we foresee those events, we begin to see evidence of the possibilities that turn into reality. In other words, we sense through the intuitive process certain possibilities about a person, internally store that info and let the intuitive psyche produce upcoming possibilities before they happen. It is all within the framework of the natural psyche knowing before hand what may happen and not some mystical event that is thought of as voodoo. It is all naturally inclined, tapping into the energies within nature and responding to the vibes that come from individual experiences with some person, place or experience. That includes the natural process of support given to anyone who ventures to take the 'hero path' and let's the inner Self guide the way and the not the ego centered identity that usually rules a person's actions.

In that framework we can begin to understand the admonishment of Obi-Wan directing Luke Skywalker to use the 'Force', letting go the ego self with all its bias and self serving attitudes and letting the intuitive force of nature guide one's path. God isn't super natural, he/she is purely natural.

My advice is, if there seems to be that extra ordinary intuitive ability, is to enhance those skills by using your intuitive 'brain' with practice. You can do that by learning to interpret dreams since dream interpretation is largely dependent on intuitive 'knowing', being able to translate the language symbol and metaphor into recognizable emotional patterns. Of course that requires a lot of study of Jungian psyche but it can bring about a keen intuitive recognition of psyche patterns that is beyond the normal abilities of the average person. Don't run from it, embrace it.

Jerry

An additional note if you decide to pursue dream interpretation, I have found that following others you can learn a lot, looking at the connections they make, I have 'learnt' a lot from following Jerry, Justin, as well as others on this and other dream forums.

Its not about copying answers or anything like that, but looking at how they connect the symbols and meanings, getting insights into the intuitive process by trying to follow their thought patterns. I have learnt a lot this way. So I would recommend the best way to go about this is to practice and observe good examples, as well as studying up on dream interpretation from many angles.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Rook, you may proceed to the front of the class. You get an A+ on the next exam.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present