Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Male Baby

i believe i'm done with the other set of dreams.

in this dream,

my former girlfriend and i had some baby together.

it was a male child...i just knew that.

as you can imagine, it was a happy occasion but at the same time, for me, it was anxiety ridden.

so i ended up leaving them.

i even remember going to a bar at one point in the dream...as if just to sulk and drink away my situation with the ex and the baby.

i don't go to bars in real life.

at the end of the dream, i had returned to them.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21 wsh

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} m

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? y

Re: Male Baby

You have an informative dream life/ability to recall your dreams. You may not understand this about yourself yet (but I venture to suggest you would at least begin to if you read the pages here at MDS), but you do care about yourself and the nuts and bolts of this experience called life, else you would not be inwardly focused. The fact that you are able to recall so many (very helpful) dreams suggests you are asking questions ("contemplating" life, whether you realize or not that this is what you are doing) and your psyche is responding to your queries. This is very positive, the inclination you have. And I hazard to say you were led to this dream site for a reason. You will not find any better dream interpretation tools than that which you "may" find (if you will read) in the body of works of Carl Jung, and all that has grown from his work. There are many dream sites out there that will give you half-baked answers, one's that will keep your ego in safe and comfortable grounds or lead you off into ill informed practices of dream analysis.

You know the old saying, "You can lead a horse to the water, but you can't make the horse drink..."

When something is new to us, adjustments are required, we have to be flexible, willing to bend, even suffer some cognitive dissonance while our safe sense of reality gets shook around a bit, but there can be no growth without it. You're asking questions, your psyche is responding and others are giving of their time to try to help you make those adjustments, to learn, but no-one can really give us anything, they can only point the way...

It is not always easy when we start looking for understanding in life, because we also have to start admitting to and allowing some truths we did not know existed before. Some play it safe, or retreat, because they are not up to the challenge of growth. That's why it is called the Hero's Journey.

Stop looking for easy answers - ones someone will hand to you - and then rejecting those that don't suit your current body of knowledge/information (which has yet many years to grow, you are very young), read the pages here (pick up a book), don't nay say, allow it to seep in, don't be afraid to admit that you don't know, for when you do you close the door on what is standing before you.

I suggest this dream is telling that in light of your conflict with the feminine and masculine (anima/animus) - which is what all your current dreams are speaking about - something new and uncomfortable (stemming from what we here have been trying to share with you) is being born/coming to light in your consciousness (the baby). As I said above, growing is at first uncomfortable, and there is a part of you that, like a drunk, would prefer not to face these challenges, to retreat, put his head in the bottle (dunk his head in the sand). But another part of you is encouraging you on, hence you return to work things out with the feminine (which did not start with your ex, but in your home, in your childhood, with your mother and sister-s?), to face this new and growing (baby) information you are in receipt of.It is a masculine quality that gives you the courage to come back and face the feminine and this budding information about life.

But, as Justin said, and Jerry encouraged by posting the link, "you" must make the effort, "you" must do some work. So, get out of the bottle, get out of the drunken stupor (the part of you that, like a drunk, would prefer to escape from the realities of life)and dig your heels in to do some self-exploration.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Male Baby

By the way: You said you were done with the current set of dreams, but I assure you the issues will continue to repeat in your life and in your dreams (unconscious, which never lies) until you do the work to resolve them. They may take other forms/persons/images, but life will continue to mirror them until you do the growth work (which takes many years). And, again, this dream is, actually, taking you straight back to them...

Your saying "I am done with them" is kind of like what a man with a bottle in the bar does, doesn't face things in life.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present