Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Relationships?

I had this dream where I moved across the street from my parents into the house that just sold from them actually. I was sad hearing this house had sold because this couple had lived there over 30 years (which is true in real life). The next part was that my old neighbors from middle school moved back next door to my parents. I used to have a crush on this guy back then. We ended up reconnecting at our current ages now and taking a walk down the neighborhood to find places to "makeout". We found one spot in some bushes and the owner poked her head out and saw us so we ran. Next I know I am celebrating my birthday on stage (my bday was June 9th) and an old friend of mine had a huge box full of movies and playstation games he said I could pick what I wanted. I picked outa bunch of things while a few people were watching me in the audience do so. I remember my parents being in the audience. After this I move into another dream where I get on some boat ride downtown in my city. Next I am at this bar with some of my current coworkers and friends. I had two friends there that lived over 2 hours away. One being a good guy friend of mine that I am interested in romantically. I was talking with this group of people. One of my old coworkers mentions seeing my ex pull out of the parking lot and I was like ok so? Then my girlfriend got mad walked away and was saying how she doesnt want to conform to the world so I went after her to go talk to her and this guy friend I am in real life romantially intersted in follows me. In the mean time he grabs my hand and tells me "this is for real, I know what we have is going to lead us to marriage and I wanted to let you know we will be together forever" and my alarm went off...what does this mean?!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 Cedar Rapids, IA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Re: Relationships?

HI Kimberly,
I'll provide a detailed interpretation to your dream Thursday morning. There does seem to be several different aspects to the dream but usually they all come together to point to some emotional issue in your current life. Or something from your past that still affects your current waking life. The central theme does seem to be romance. Has that been an issue of late?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Kimberly,
The beginning of the dream seems to be focused the past, parents house being sold, old neighbors from middle school. In dreams houses represent the dreamer. The house is you.
I get the sense the dream is addressing personality aspects. Reconciling with the old crush may represent the need to reconcile with some masculine aspect in your psyche. Are you the type to run away from relationships? Or perhaps running away from a particular type relationship that doesn't meet with certain expectations? Does your parents still have a say in how you do choose the men in your life? It seems there is concern on your part about how others feel about your actions {you are on stage}.

The second dream also seems to be dealing with choices in relationships. And having to 'conform' to the world. Again, does that have something to do with your parents expectations? You may be questioning your choices, your own expectations.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Sort of; I figure out in my head why it wouldnt work to not get so attached, if that makes sense. I guess the conformity makes sense that I do not comform to what everyone else does in relationships, and I am old fashioned in a way in relationships. My parents do not have a say in how I choose men. Not sure how the on stage thing plays in. Does that give any other insight? I have my heart set on someone right now and everyone is like just keep your options open in case it doesnt work?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 Iowa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? YES

Kimberley,
There are at least 3 different dreams in your post. The constants in those dreams are the relating back to your past, and current relationships {past and present relationships}. The past and present may reflect anxieties of entering into a permanent relationship {with your current love interest}. You are looking for that stable relationship {this couple had lived there over 30 years} but there are anxieties about such prospects. Does your current love interest have the same interest in you? Do you 'intuitively' sense something about the possibilities of that relationship? I do sense doubts within you about relationships. Whether is from past relationships not working out or intuitively sensing something may be the question to be answered.

Your statement, "I have my heart set on someone right now and everyone is like just keep your options open in case it doesnt work?" seems to reflect doubt. Is it you have your heart set on 'someone right now' but intuitively you have real doubts whether it is the right choice? You may be letting your emotions over rule good sense.

That gets back to the past and personality traits. Do you often let your emotions rule? Dreams reflect who you really are and anything out of balance. Too much emotional influence is not a good thing. The adage 'listen to your heart' is meant to guide you to what the soul really hears and not what the out of balance emotions 'cry for'.

Your response may provide further clues.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present