Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sitting on Potty in Style and Frog!

Dear All,

This is the first time i have posted on this site. I would greatly appreciate any clarification. Some of my friends have shared their wisdom with me and one suggested I post on your site. So here goes.
With Thanks Harry : >

Dream 23/6/2009 towards the dawn of Wednesday the 24/6/2009

I sense a beautiful clear day full of sunshine, a certain crispness. I see a stately home, only the path leading down from the front door. From the actual building the garden was layered in tiers. Four long steps in length and you come to these two stately pillars, with squared off bits at the tops. In front of the left one I sat on a commode(!) dressed in a beautiful flouncy gown, with flowing skirts.
On the left of me was a bucket for soiled toilet paper, that was already pretty full and left with the lid open. I turned around and looked over my right shoulder and noticed a very handsome man dressed in a crisp white long sleeved shirt and black long pants; very clean and elegant, wearing a black hat-sort of like an Amish men’s hat. Dark haired, youthful with aquiline features. He was concentrating on tending the garden, bending down from waist rather than crouching. He was working on the right side on one of the tiers. I could sense there was a group of people along the path where I was seated crapping, but I really did not care who they were or even what they looked like. I just heard the hum of conversation and felt the presence of humans to my far right.
I turned back and started wiping my bottom. I placed the soiled paper in the bucket that was quite full. There were distinct colours of white bucket nearly full with soiled papers, brown skid marks on white! Then I noticed this large frog hopping from my far right toward me, in hues of yellowy green, more yellow than green with just a touch of light brown. It had two large froggy eyes, the skin was thin and I noticed a few bumps here and there and it was quite swift as it jumped around me to the bucket. I shuddered as it looked icky and its intent of reaching the bucket was gross to me. It jumped in the bucket and I quickly put the lid on it. I felt helpless not knowing what to do and thought aha I will advertise and see who would like a frog. It seemed to be via telepathy as I got two responses in my mind wanting the frog. I was wondering how to explain where it was when I woke up.

I remember this dream very vividly; it is in colour, though I did not notice the colour of my dress. I only know I was and felt very regal and elegant with rich fabrics. I was of a high station as I was not bothered at all that people were observing me crapping! I felt full of confidence and peace, a certain sureness o9f being. I only felt revulsion at the sight of the frog and what it did and at my quandary of what to do. How do I solve this problem? There was a lot of glare, white light; I could not see the sun as such. The colours were in the yellow/green/brown of the frog, the brown skid marks on white squared paper and the black and white tones of the gardener’s clothes and hair.

ps I am away till Monday 29/6, so will check back and reply then ok.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 Sydney, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Sitting on Potty in Style and Frog!

Hi Harry

Reading this dream I couldn't help but relate it to the story of the Prince turned into the frog, where the Princess, though repulsed by the frog, kisses it and it turns into a handsome Prince. I am wondering if that story may be related to this?

Your character in the dream fits in with the character of the Princess, in your fine attire. Does that character fit with you in any way? Excrement could be aspects of yourself that need to be rid of.

The left being the side of the feminine and emotion, perhaps you need to 'excrete' the left-hand emotional tendencies and shift more to the image of the simple masculine man tending the garden on the right?

Those are my thoughts, I am sure the others shall add to this, am interested to see.

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Harry,
I will comment more on your dream later but some brief comments for the moment.

Rook makes a good point about the frog prince, High expectations perhaps going down the toilet.

A bucket for soiled toilet paper, full but with the lid open. Could that be addressing some aspects of your life where the 'mess' in your life has begun to accumulate?

The helplessness you felt in the dream. Is there such a feeling in your waking life?

I will look deeper into the dream later today.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Rook
Many thanks for your response. To answer your questions: You could say I have certainly kissed a couple of frogs in my time and have actually turned them into princes! : > I believe in people and that everyone has potential; thus I generally tend to bring the best out in people. My belief is that if you expect the best, you will get the best! So perhaps that's what the frog means.

As to being a Princess, many refer to me as Queenly and my loves do call me Princess. I am an old fashioned girl and have that odd old worldly feel to me I guess, though I adore being outrageous and shocking the hell out of die hard bores. When I am irritated, I especially become Queenly. I do not scream or yell but I logically and icily explain in a gracious succinct manner! So...yes, methinks Princess/Queen would be apt. Kind people call me Princess as I don't look my age, whilst folk who know my age call me Queenly! : >

Re emotions, Rook you mention the left side being the side of the feminine and emotion. Its interesting the frog jumps into the bucket from the left side non? Not from the right side? I assume that's the left side and thus masculine? I have been trying to be very logical in understanding certain male behaviour.You blokes are tres fascinating creatures
: > Just because I think a certian way does not mean any other being has to think that way etc. I also try to step into another's shoes, in order to "see" their point of view. So perhaps I need to masculinise my thinking even more.

Many thanks Rook for your input. I hugely appreciate it. You being an Aussie is tres fab too! : > Thanks for caring.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47, Sydney, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Jerry,
Many thanks for responding to my request and I do appreciate you looking into it further.

Hmmm high expectations going down the loo??? Well, in the past I did expect the very best and was sorely saddened; however I stayed loyal and soldiered on. So though my expectations were not met for months on end, it seems that there is a glimmer of hope now. As in I believe there was a Prince hiding in that frog and finally, bloody finally the prince has decided to prance out!! : > I have wracked ( is there such a word) a heck of a lot of debt and then called it quits as in bailing out another i was getting into "deep shit"! Pardon the language. I am now slowly but surely dealing with debt at present. As you say Jerry, the "mess in my life" finally accumulated maxing out my credit cards, so I had to basically pull my wings in tight and get ready to fight against the oncoming blizzard of saying, "Nope, cannae do that." It highly irritates me that at times I foolishly cut it too fine and endanger myself in the helping of others. I am learning....ah perhaps that is it!! Usually i will be hell bent on saving the frog from jumping into crap! This time round I am sitting calmly, serenly, just observing with slight feelings of revulsion. For once no leaping to my feet brandishing blankets to mother and protect said wee frog!!

Well?? what do you think??? Please do share your insigth ok. Thanks muchly, : >

Hi Harry

You certainly are a positive personality.

I find it interesting in your response to Jerry that you often bail the frog out of trouble and put yourself into it financially. Is the use of 'soiled toilet paper' referring to wasting money? I find that quite a humourous analogy. Going back to the frog though, if it never jumps into the soiled bin for itself, it will keep trying to get back in there, and the problem perpetuates continuously.

I am guessing that this frog you have bailed out in the past is a male figure in your life? If thats the case I think you should read up on this part of Jerry's site: http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/mensdreamsmain.html
particularly the part about the mother in dreams.

It may not apply to you, being that you are female, but perhaps you are playing a projected mother role, when the best thing for this person's personal growth is to spend a bit of time in a soiled crap bucket? Also it may help give some insight into your interest in males.

I think that is the extent of my insight, though I might add is the view of the gardener a reflection of your view of men? Simple (ahmish) and in 'black and white'?

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Hi Rook, I had trouble logging on and hence could not reply earlier. However all is well now. Thanks so much for your reply.

Yes, you are right in that I have bailed the frog i.e a male in my life many times and thus really got into soiled times! I read the infor on Jerry's site re myths and dreams and there is much truth in that. I do feel my frog sees me as this protector queen and I too have bought into that because I have mothering tendancies! :( I think I am now sick of this and perhaps my psyche is just vomiting it all up!

Re seeing men simply. Hmm I dont think I do that, as I truly feel men are wonderful beings, you know men and women being like oranges and apples; just lovely and unique. I do think I admire men who are responsible and dependable. I admire the diligent work. Frogs can be cute and fun but they are high maintenance! Some men in particular can be very high maintenance, as can be women of course!

Hi Harry

I think I miscommunicated what I saw in the Ahmish character. He is certainly undertaking toil, which seems to be in support of your view of men.

But when I said simple, I did not mean that you see men as being simple people, what I meant was your view is 'simple'... not simple minded but more in a sort of broad, all encompassing sense. In black and white. Perhaps not in all their colours... missing the subtle differences between each? I may be wrong, its just something I picked up on.

Cheers,
Rook

stats from 7-14-10 to the present