Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two Odd Dreams

Hello, Forum!

Well, it takes a lot for me to call a dream odd because I'm used to dreams being all sorts of odd. But these two just make me go, "Huh?" They occurred within a week of each other. Both are short and very vivid.

In the first, I am opening a carton of eggs to make a fried egg for breakfast--a very common meal for me and my husband. But I keep breaking the eggs right in the carton! I mean they just seem to crumble in my hand. I am down to one egg left, and the carton is swimming with several broken eggs. I'm concerned I only have one egg left. I can see the yellow and white very clearly of the egg.

The second dream occurred last night. I dream I have a gerbil in my home office. Now, I know this gerbil because it was one of my CCD students last year (I taught Catholic Christian Doctrine to eighth graders this past year). When I say I know the gerbil, I don't mean I identified it with one of the actual students. It was as if I had been teaching a gerbil all year long! At first I think, "Well, I don't need to do anything else for this gerbil. My CCD commitment is done." But then I realize there's no reason why I still can't be nice to the gerbil. So I start to interact with it.

At one point it runs onto an upper shelf of my closet and I am feeding it very, very expensive deluxe chocolate chips. That's what it wants. And I think this gerbil has one very expensive habit. I'm running out of chips and wondering how I'll be able to afford another bag on our budget!

OK, that's it! Thanks for your feedback!

Rose, Curious in Chicago

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 52, Chicago IL

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Two Odd Dreams

Hi Rose

Is there some area in your life which you have made several 'attempts' in the past which have failed before they have even really begun? (This is in regards to the eggs dream by the way...) The egg as a symbol of creativite potential I feel would relate to some creative aspect. Have you tried at a creative art in the past but never had it 'hatch'? The last egg could be suggesting this may be one of your last oppurtunities to hatch this creative potential.

As for the gerbil dream, it may depend on how you see gerbils. The dream seems to be regarding extending your care of this gerbil beyond your commitment to teaching the class. Have you taken on any of these students as a 'pet' beyond your teaching duties?

Sweet dreams,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Rook,

I thought the same thing about the eggs dream. It's funny because over the last few years I have had trouble "hatching" my career. However, in the past year it really has started to take off. I wonder if perhaps the dream is actually a sort of "anxiety" dream. After so many failed attempts, will this one finally "fry up in the pan" as I would like? Because it's true I do feel residual anxiety for this "chick," meaning this young business finally starting to take off.

As for the gerbil...well, sure I like little critters like that. One girl was a sort of "pet," also--a girl for whom I feel a special concern. It so happens just yesterday my husband and I agreed we would take her and some of her younger sibs to a movie (they are very poor, illegal immigrants from Mexico). So perhaps it was signaling to a part of me to extra care for her and her family.

But a gerbil, she asks? Why a gerbil? Well...I would have to characterize this girl as being timid as a mouse. But timid as a gerbil? :-) I think of gerbils as being very nervous, though, and jumpy. Perhaps I'm picking up psychically on her stress as an illegal immigrant?

And why the extra special, exotic and expensive chocolate? Apparently chocolate is considered bad for gerbils because of the cow's milk and sugar. I don't know if cocao itself is bad for gerbils.

Blessings,
Rose

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Hi Rose

In regards to the first dream it sounds like you have it down pat. Don't let the broken eggs of the past influence you. Learn from them, but let them go and focus on what you can do here and now about your business today. You can only control what you do, and influence those around you. The past, and the rest is outside your control, so it is not worth while putting energy into it.

What stood out to me about the second dream is that the gerbil is eating your fine chocolate which you would not be able to afford should you continue to feed that habit.

As an athlete I see chocolate as representing sugar which equals energy. It could be cautioning you not to burn yourself out making this child's life a better experience if you feel you 'can't afford it'.

Kutos though. You seem like a quality lady. If I had a hat it would go off to you.

Cheers & sweet dreams,
Rook

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 - Perth, Western Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Dear Rook,

Thanks for the sage advice regarding the eggs. I will keep my eyes on the prize!

Good thoughts on the gerbil dream, but here's a little twist...the day before yesterday I got a call from my doc saying he wanted to double my thyroid meds because my thyroid was going "hypo" again (I'd just had blood work done). In retrospect, I wonder if the dream presaged a body awareness I was running on "gerbil energy," and trying to feed it ineffectively (the chocolate). Either way, there's an important reminder here for me to NOT burn myself out energetically, to learn to fund my energy properly, whether it's in service of others or myself.

Thanks for calling me a quality lady, too. I do believe it takes quality to know quality!

Blessings,
Rose

Rose,
An excellent conversation with Rook. I believe the two of you have addressed the main points of the dreams.

As for the second dream. Look at the gerbil as some aspect of yourself and not someone else. Are you teaching yourself to 'remain' on track to success {gerbils use the wheel for exercise}. Was there something about the CCD commitment that was contrary to your success in what should be your 'blissful' adventure? And the expensive habit. That could have to do with real life resources that need to be fed.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Dear Jerry,

Excellent observations, Jerry! Yes, indeed, I found CCD to be a terrible distraction from where I needed my focus to be and was very glad when the commitment came to an end. It made for an exhausting year during which I worked seven days a week. So it was a relief to get some free time for myself again!

I'll have to think a bit about what the missing resource could be. Truth of the matter is I'm starting another level of training in August and it's pricey...not undoable for us, but I tend to worry about whether the investment will pay off (which points more to underlying issue of self-confidence). So perhaps the excellent chocolate is that investment in my own business and training and I'm wondering if I'll make it pay off.

So I really like that between the two of you (thanks again, Rook!), I can see both of these dreams reflecting career-related issues having to do with this next stage of it's development.

Blessings,
Rose

stats from 7-14-10 to the present