Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kiss

In this dream, I am aware of dialoguing with another woman ... much older than myself, white haired, and very wise. We are talking about all the healing and change I am going through ... "working, learning and growing," feels to be theme of our dialogue. Then, the scene changes, and I am aware of this woman kissing me, sensually, intimately, on the lips.

The woman in this dream is the same woman in the last dream I posted here, "Tapas."

It is the image of a woman I have been communicating with for the past several months. Her guidance/assistance has been very beneficial for me.

While the kiss felt very sensual, it did not feel lustful.

It's like a kiss of deep love. As if through the alchemy of relationship with her, I am finding and coming to know this part of myself in a deepening way.

BTW, I wonder, have any of you men out there ever dreamed of kissing or being kissed by another man?

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Kiss

Kristi,
Your 'much older than myself, white haired, and very wise' seems to fit with the Self aspect. From the Self page of Myths-Dreams-Symbols:

The Self is simply the centre and the totality of the entire psyche. It is the archetype which contains all the other archetypes and around which they orbit. It's something of a paradox, and extremely difficult for the conscious ego to accept.

Symbolism in Dreams: an aged seer or priestess, a wise old man or woman.

In the dream you are aware of the dialogue with another woman. In your waking life you are consciously aware and engaged in the Individuation Process.

Jung's approach to finding balance in life was through dreams and his 'Individuation Process'. Individuation is a self analysis, a self discovery, analyzing your own psyche and life, discovering what truths lie underneath the conscious ego-centric personality, and life. In this search of the unconscious one will confront different aspects of the psyche that influence our human fabric, our behaviour and reasons for those behaviours.

Note: I know Kristi is already aware of the above info but I supply it for reference for those who may not be familiar with Jungian psyche.

And your statement, "It's like a kiss of deep love. As if through the alchemy of relationship with her, I am finding and coming to know this part of myself in a deepening way." would seem to verify your acceptance of this valuable inner aspect. As does the fact you are consciously engaged in that heroic journey inwards.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Kiss

Hi Jerry,

It feels to me that (at least one of the reasons why) it is difficult for our conscious ego to accept, is because it means an end to our 'singular' aspects of conscious ego identity ... we have to yield (surrender) to the wisdom/largeness/wholeness of that something greater within us (which simultaneously also holds/is comprised of all those "seemingly" separate aspects of self/Self).

Having said that, it was helpful for me to follow the link in your response (to the page on the "Self") and read again that the goal of the process of individuation is an unconsious goal and not the goal of the conscious ego... And, now, as I this minute consider this dream again, greater meaning seems to come: It may be the romantic, poetic side of me, but I have often mused (and felt) that the Self holds great love/adoartion for us ... that it is not we (our ego self) that courts (searches for) the Self, so much as is it that the Self actually courts us ... and all we can really do is yield to its movement in our lives. Not that we don't have to make effort, because we do, but it feels to me that at each step we also have to let go. Paradox.

Our longing to know the wholeness of Self is an irony, for we are (the Self is), already, really, whole ... and it is just our ego aspects (as learned and conditioned) that believe otherwise. We can not (it is impossible to) long for that which we do not (on some level) already (innately) know.

Yes, a very valuable aspect, that I will hold very close.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43, Kansas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present