Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cannibal chicken

Hi Jerry,

It's been a couple of weeks since I had this dream. There didn't really seem to be enough to go on, but the image is haunting me, so I thought I'd see what you had to say.

The image of the dream that I can remember is of a large chicken that had swallowed another chicken whole. It was unclear in my dream whether the chicken that had gotten swallowed was dead before it got swallowed, died in the process, or afterward. The chicken that got swallowed was not much smaller than the one that swallowed it. It's head was inside the open mouth of the consumer. It was so large that the consumer couldn't swallow all of it. The head was actually choking the consumer. The consumer chicken was dying - suffocating.

I think I was with someone in the dream. We were trying to decide both whether or not to save the still living chicken, and also just how we'd do that if we'd attempt it. The still living chicken was barely hanging on - it's head lolling, light fading in its eyes. I'm pretty sure we decided to try to save it.

I'm pretty sure the dream has something to do with a relationship with a man. He is a very strong person. I have been rather submissive in my relationship with him. It is in the process of ending, but not because I want it to. Well, there is a part of me that knows it's not terribly healthy, and it's best for it to end.

Thanks for your time and attention.
Lynn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51 Olympia, WA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Cannibal chicken

Lynn,
You state in your summary that you have been submitting to this gentleman relationship because of his strong will. Are you normally a strong willed person and find yourself in the unusual position of having to submit to his will. The large chicken swallowing another chicken almost as big may fit with the above possibility. The head {intellect} is within the mouth {often a sexual symbol for the vagina}. Is the attraction sexual? Is it that your strong will intellect is submitting to the sexual prowess of this gentleman? Not being able to swallow the whole chicken, chocking on it may be your own strong will rebelling to total submission. The suffocation my be your own strong will. Even if you are not that strong willed person submitting may not be how you usually relate in a relationship.

Saving the living chicken may have to do with saving the 'ending' relationship. But that part of you, if intuitive, knows best. If sexual the experience may not be the healthy relationship you would look, or normally engage in. One rule of thumb to live by. always trust that intuitive self.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

Well, not submitting because of his strong will, but yes, you get the picture. I am normally a strong-willed person. And yes, the nature of the relationship has been largely sexual. That's the part that is ending. I am trying to decide whether or not to put the energy into transforming the relationship into a friendship - one on which I have a more equal, but less exciting, footing. There is also an intellectual aspect to the relationship which I find stimulating.

He says he wants to continue as friends. I'm not so sure I have the heart. The child in me, (which he brings out so well), feels rejected and hurt. Part of me wants to grow up and have an adult relationship with this man. Another part just wants to give up - let it die.

Thank you Jerry. Once again, your knowledge, insights and intuition have helped immensely.

Lynn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 51 Olympia, WA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Lynn,
I felt the energy of the relationship as primarily sexual. You can get into very dangerous territory when there is a strong sexual aspect to the relationship. And then you add the intellectual part. It can over ride good common sense {something we all should depend on more}.

I can relate from personal experience {I am attracted to strong willed women with above average intellect}. That one experience taught me not to indulge unless there is a readiness for complete failure; with consequences. It also taught me 'what come around goes around'. Again the consequences, not just from my lack of good sense but other involved parties also. If only I had the sense of 'knowing' I possess now.

It would be great just to be friends. But overcoming what was may be difficult. If there is a question of having the heart I suggest you move on. Again from experience I was in such a position {a different relationship}. It is so very hard to make to work. It didn't work out as I had hoped because the chances were too little to begin with.

In my openness style personality I haven't provided a lot of detail on my personal life when it comes to romance. There has been a quite a bit of romance in my life. A lot of it was 'sexually driven'. The 'looking for love in all the wrong places' syndrome. As well as trying to substitute sexual love for that 'lost' love from childhood. I think we all can relate to the childhood issues having to do with love and acceptance. But we sometimes have to experience actual waking life dramas to get the jest of 'love'. You have to be aware of patterns of behavior in love choices. I wasn't and suffered dire consequences. It would have been best if I had moved on sooner than later in most of those encounters.

If there is a weakness in being able to be friends I do suggest you do move on. Unless he has a greater interest beyond sex you may be putting yourself in a position of a lot of hurt in the future. Submission can be taken advantage of, even if unintentional.
Listen to that intuitive self, be objective and not let the emotions over rule what you 'know' is true.

And the dream. The ending is always important. The consumer chicken was dying - suffocating. And what was it that was chocking the consumer? The head, intellect.

And we get back to your own words.
"Well, there is a part of me that knows it's not terribly healthy, and it's best for it to end."

That sounds like an intuitive aspect seeking attention. One thing dreams provide is an objective/third party look at who you are. The dream is a part of the intuitive mind, and so are 'intuitive' feelings. Unless there is an overload on emotions I always suggest you give in to that gut feeling. It is seldom if ever wrong. But you probably already know that. And we know that knowledge will set you free.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

stats from 7-14-10 to the present